Internet question..

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone more familiar than I am with the iPhone knows if it is possible to change your settings somewhere, so the phone doesn't automatically go to the mobile version of web pages if they are available..

Like, youtube for example. If you try to open the normal Youtube page, it reroutes you to m.youtube.com, which I absolutely can't stand!

I can deal with the loss of customization and notifications from my other devices, but this is something I have to be able to change in order for me to keep the device (which, lets be honest, I really want to keep..)

If necessary, I'll download a different browser to the handset, but I would prefer using Safari if possible..

Thanks in advance for any help,

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I dont think its the phone, its the site your visiting that detects your using a mobile browser. As far as Ive seen most all of those sites have some type of "return to standard web page" somewhere at the bottom of the page.

Maybe there is a different type of browser but Im not sure and Im just throwin this out there.

Reactions: highlife