Question about the # key

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My mom got a new iPhone 4 for Xmas. Her # key is on the second tier keyboard where the numbers are. It came that way.

How do I get my iPhone 4 and iPad to do that? :confused:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
its the keyboard setting I believe .. just check the other english versions of the keyboard or it's a different layout

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Where it is depends on what app your in. Email has it on the number/2nd tier and in mms its on the 3rd tier.

I wonder if app developers can manipulate that or if apple has it locked down. Twitter needs to do it if they can. It would be a great help!

Thanks

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Cleveland is correct. If you switch from "US" to "US extended" it shows up in the next/alt screen.

Wait. I thought that US extended thing was if you were using a bluetooth keyboard or something like that...which I am not...nor was my mom. Thus changing the hardware layouts isn't working. I actually tried it already and someone told me that it was only for hardware not the resident ios keyboard.

Last edited:

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Idk about that, but I switched it and it gave me the # symbol on the alt screen in each app.

Where r u testing? Because you can't changevthe software layout to anything other than qwerty qwertz And azerty

If you test in email The # is on the 2nd tier. Everywhere else it is on 3rd tier. I guess unless you are jailbroken then you may have abilities that I do not.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My bad. It only shows in the second tier in SMS & email. It does not in Safari, Twitter or Facebook. Are both you and your Mom running the same iOS? That would be the only other explanation if your keyboard settings are the same.

I am not Jailbroken.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2