Verizon launch celebration: Nobody shows up

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I bet many are holding off until the i5 or just locked into Att and dont want to pay ETF. Me personally, Im staying put

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't imagine anyone waiting in line when you could pre-order online for existing customers. After all, IMO, the AT&T vs. Verizon debate is a coke-pepsi thing so i doubt tons of AT&T subs are just dying to get the iphone. Everyone else could've gotten it before today.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I can't imagine anyone waiting in line when you could pre-order online for existing customers. After all, IMO, the AT&T vs. Verizon debate is a coke-pepsi thing so i doubt tons of AT&T subs are just dying to get the iphone. Everyone else could've gotten it before today.

Remember as I stated... Att presold 600,000 units for delivery. I think they sold another 1,000,000 on launch and had back orders up the butt. Apple stores had 2,500 people in line at opening of launch day.

They werent going to have lines around the block on a 8 month old devices. The people that "must have now" got it. the rest are waiting or already have it on Att

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This is why the phone launching on Verizon isn't that big a threat to AT&T quite yet.
If the i5 is launched this summer on both networks, then THAT is when we'll see an
actual, real fight.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Remember as I stated... Att presold 600,000 units for delivery. I think they sold another 1,000,000 on launch and had back orders up the butt. Apple stores had 2,500 people in line at opening of launch day

ok we get it you think at&t is better. But if you are with at&t then why are you on this forum?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is why the phone launching on Verizon isn't that big a threat to AT&T quite yet.
If the i5 is launched this summer on both networks, then THAT is when we'll see an
actual, real fight.

I believe you will see the fight starting with the i6. Thats when many Att contracts will be expiring on the i4

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
ok we get it you think at&t is better. But if you are with at&t then why are you on this forum?

I never said that bro. And Im welcome to post here. The fact is Vzn released a 8 month old phone. My point is this isnt a big surprise. And btw, the seperate Vzn forum is temp until its merged with the regular forum so you may want to get use to people from other carriers. ;)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
lol relax dude. He's just making a point. Let's not turn this into Crackberry.

Thats the same crap that happend on CB in the Storm forums when I was a Mod there. They didnt like anybody else posting in Vzn threads there. lol

** and BTW, Im not a Vzn hater. I dont care what carrier people are from. I just like to talk iphone. Was just posting facts on todays release.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Thats the same crap that happend on CB in the Storm forums when I was a Mod there. They didnt like anybody else posting in Vzn threads there. lol

I remember the good 'ol days. When I kept checking CB everyday to find news
on the Bold 9000 because I was so excited. Meanwhile, it came out on Election
Day and a few weeks after the Storm did. Got so bad that the powers that be
decided to open the "Storm rants and raves" section.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I remember the good 'ol days. When I kept checking CB everyday to find news
on the Bold 9000 because I was so excited. Meanwhile, it came out on Election
Day and a few weeks after the Storm did. Got so bad that the powers that be
decided to open the "Storm rants and raves" section.

Yup thats when I modded there. The Storm forums made us pull out our hair. It was due to RIM releasing a device that wasnt ready and made everybody frusterated. I too bought the 9000 on election day. Was first in line. Best BB ever IMHO

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yup thats when I modded there. The Storm forums made us pull out our hair. It was due to RIM releasing a device that wasnt ready and made everybody frusterated. I too bought the 9000 on election day. Was first in line. Best BB ever IMHO

Storm was absolutely and still is the worst phone that RIM ever released. And
I have the same sentiments about the 9000 that you do. That was the perfect
BB for me. Most comfortable typing I've ever had.

As far as the carrier hating goes, I always tried to avoid most of that stuff.
Too many people (not only on CB) got so offended if you bad-mouthed their
carrier. It was like if you broke into their house, beat the living crap out of him,
slept with his wife a few times, and had her make breakfast for you. That's how
angry they'd get. Me? I didn't care. AT&T was great for me. The only reason I
switched was because of how the coverage started to become progressively
worse in my most frequently visited areas. And that was it. Other than that,
they were great and maybe I'll end up with them again in the future.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really that shocked. I didn't expect anything near an AT&T iPhone launch for the below reasons:

1) It was already available for preorder. Most of the people that really wanted one right now were VZW users and most likely ordered online

2) It's 8 months old. So it's unlikely AT&T users will switch for this. Most of them can wait a few months and then make a decision

3) Many VZW users sitting on their upgrade to see what's coming this summer

4) In the past AT&T users didn't have many options of high end devices to compete with the iPhone so they were less content with their devices. More VZW users are content as they have had high end Androids for a while so that affects how much they desire something different.

5) IT'S COLD AS CRAP OUTSIDE IN MANY PARTS OF THE COUNTRY. Why stand in line when I can order it online and get it?

It will be interesting to see what the total numbers are between preorders and launch day.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Storm was absolutely and still is the worst phone that RIM ever released. And
I have the same sentiments about the 9000 that you do. That was the perfect
BB for me. Most comfortable typing I've ever had.

As far as the carrier hating goes, I always tried to avoid most of that stuff.
Too many people (not only on CB) got so offended if you bad-mouthed their
carrier. It was like if you broke into their house, beat the living crap out of him,
slept with his wife a few times, and had her make breakfast for you. That's how
angry they'd get. Me? I didn't care. AT&T was great for me. The only reason I
switched was because of how the coverage started to become progressively
worse in my most frequently visited areas. And that was it. Other than that,
they were great and maybe I'll end up with them again in the future.

Yeah I hear you. I would consider Vzn if they had coverage at my house since Vzn has overall better data coverage. But they dont have covearge at my casa. We choose what works best for us

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2