Verizon retail wait time!

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
was I saurprised I went to store at 7:30 a.m. expected a line around the place.
well I walked in given a card to fill out went to display pushed the power button and rep says are you ready to get an iphone 50 minutes later I'm proud fella with an Iphone let the games begin wahoooooooo.

no lines in phoenix area store I went to and staff was surprised as I was customer # 27 have a great day all I will

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think with all of the preorders they allowed this is why there wasnt much if any lines in most places.

Yeah they already sold a few hundred thousand via preordering last week and I'm sure many ordered and/or reserved one the other night. Also, I read that Apple isn't even letting reserves come pick them up until noon. I think this was strategic because they didn't want to have thousands of people standing in the cold so they made it available online to cut down on that.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
was I saurprised I went to store at 7:30 a.m. expected a line around the place.
well I walked in given a card to fill out went to display pushed the power button and rep says are you ready to get an iphone 50 minutes later I'm proud fella with an Iphone let the games begin wahoooooooo.

no lines in phoenix area store I went to and staff was surprised as I was customer # 27 have a great day all I will

That is awesome! Enjoy the new toy.

Chadwackg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im sure there would have been longer lines here in Indiana, but with windchills of -30 degrees, you would be crazy silly to stand outside in line. I am glad I was able to pre-order and have been using mine all week. Love it!!!!!!

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
am enjoying the toy lots to learn hard part is remembering the what and where to navigate to delete text messages and so on a new learning curve.

by the way verizon has a real nice rubberized case for the iphone and so far works well for my slippery hands. I did spend more on a kit you might be able to purchase it seperately i got the upgraded earphones and case and car phone charger sometimes I need that.
gosh this phone is so far everything I thought it would be. later have to go to work now and pay for my new toy.

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I cancelled my pre-order too through my e-mail earlier, I was #108 at the store I went to, a bunch of people inside but like 3 of us outside on line when I got there. I was done with everything within like 30 minutes

doctord23

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had ordered online and never received a confirmation email.
I just went to the store and picked one up.
They had twelve sales people working and only three customers.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I went to the mall yesterday, and the apple store was dead. Well it had a ton of people in it, but they will all workers. lol. Went to the genius bar, and they had probably 1,000 Verizon iPhones sitting back there, and said they don't think they will sell out at all. Then went to the Verizon store, and they were dead too. Its good to see that they were so prepared for this launch.

kealonnix

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Bought at 7 PM last night

I was supposed to have to wait until today to "order" my phone due to Verizon trying to screw me on my New Every 2 credit. I transferred my number and plan from my dad's name to my own account. What they didn't tell me was that my previous $100 NE2 credit went to $30 when I transferred service. I was not happy and called 611. After speaking to a supervisor, she said that they would issue a credit for the remaining $70. My upgrade date is March 12th, but they said that I could upgrade today, Feb 11th.

I got tired of waiting and went to the store at 7 last night. They still had iphones and after talking to 3 reps and the manager, they did some research and had Verizon Customer Service credit my account. And I got it.

I'm loving it!

dejagood

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm trying to figure out, how come most people I've seen on here has a NE2 credit of $100 and mine is $50, how does that work? Or am I being screwed too?

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm trying to figure out, how come most people I've seen on here has a NE2 credit of $100 and mine is $50, how does that work? Or am I being screwed too?

Depends on a few factors. First and formost the amount of you voice plan. secondly, even though the just "did away" with it, it has gradually decreased. I had $100 once, then $50 the next time, then $30 on my next and last one.

So, to all the "They got rid of it because they are getting the iPhone" people, they have slowly been getting rid of it for years.

miro

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I had a preorder which had not arrived and 2 reservations at Apple stores but I was driving down the road and noticed no line at a local store. I went in to see 30 or so employees standing around in red. I was one of 2 customers in the store. They put my order togethernand told me they could not cancel the pre order. They also did not know the check status website. I grabbed my iPad from the car where I had it saved. And cancelled it for them. They then processed the order while I cancelled the Apple reservations. All in all, a great experience. They were very friendly and I was very happy to get my iPhone. Like most hear, I was surprised there was no rush on opening day. But all the reasons seem to make good sense.
Have fun everybody.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice