Verizon iphone 4 upgrade to iphone 5??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What!? I don't even think that an iPhone 5 will be out this summer. My whole point was that you said the iPhone 4 came out in Feb. It did not. Either way, I don't think we will see an iPhone 5 this year.

Ok so the verizon iphone came out in july? Yet it just magically was released to the public 6 months later? smh

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok so the verizon iphone came out in july? Yet it just magically was released to the public 6 months later? smh

Are you joking? I can't tell. You know this this is the Verizion IPHONE 4 we are using right? The iPhone 4 came out in 2010. Period. Yeah, it has a new US carrier now, i.e. Verizon, but that has nothing to do wit the fact it is the iPhone 4 that was released in June 2010.

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
ok it may not be adding much...but this is some funny sh*t right here.

Dude, the Iphone 4 was released last July. It was released on AT&T. Then in Febuary, Apple developed an Iphone with a CDMA service chip in the phone to work on the Verizon network, and there is still a seperate GSM compatible Iphone.

Seriously....

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
ok it may not be adding much...but this is some funny sh*t right here.

Dude, the Iphone 4 was released last July. It was released on AT&T. Then in Febuary, Apple developed an Iphone with a CDMA service chip in the phone to work on the Verizon network, and there is still a seperate GSM compatible Iphone.

Seriously....

Exactly! Someone that gets it! :D

It is still the iPhone 4, regardless of the carrier. The UK has had non-AT&T iPhones for a while now...

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you joking? I can't tell. You know this this is the Verizion IPHONE 4 we are using right? The iPhone 4 came out in 2010. Period. Yeah, it has a new US carrier now, i.e. Verizon, but that has nothing to do wit the fact it is the iPhone 4 that was released in June 2010.

No i thought it was the at&t iphone lol. Might want to use spell check there for verizon when you first used it lol.

Joey4u615

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
They're going to release an "iPhone 4:Global" this summer with CDMA/GSM technology, slightly bumped specs and the antenna redesign for AT&T users.

If we get a completely redesigned iPhone 5 in June, I will be shocked.

This way they satisfy Verizon customers who upgraded to the 4 and satisfy AT&T with a new iPhone. Also, they really don't need to release the iPhone 5 yet. It won't be LTE, the phone has great specs and is more beautifully made than anything on the market at the moment. Also, they're still selling remarkably well.

I strongly doubt we're getting a completely redesigned iPhone this June, I could be wrong but this seems to be the best move especially from a Marketing and Public Relations stand point. All parties will be satisfied and Apple will get away unscathed.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Doesnt att users get to upgrade every time a new iphone comes out even tho they are under contract?

No. There were times where AT&T offered (probably by Apple's pushing of suggestion) early upgrades to iPhone users. In most case it depended on the account and for many it wasn't a full upgrade. Last year anyone who was going to be eligible for upgrade by Dec 31st, they allowed to upgrade for the new iPhone but this probably had a lot to do with them knowing they would lose exclusivity and wanted to lock people into contracts. But for the most part AT&T users have to wait as well, but the difference with AT&T is that many people are eligible for partial iPhone discount and not have to wait for full eligibility. So they could get one for 400 instead of 600.

We will have to see if Apple and Verizon get together and come up with something that will allow VZW users to upgrade either a lot earlier or at a discounted price. I'd imagine VZW will do something to try to one-up AT&T as usual.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think if one company gets it, they both will. AT&T has no more exclusivity deal with Apple. I just don't think we will see a new iPhone that soon.

New iPhone will be here in June. Maybe early July if there is a slight delay Apple will not push back release due to one carrier worldwide as Vzn. It will be here June. Trust me.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Doesnt att users get to upgrade every time a new iphone comes out even tho they are under contract?

You can get an early upgrade (believe if you are at a year of your contract) but won't get the full discount price. I am about to get my iphone 4 but will have to pay $399 for it, as I would be eligible for the full discount of $199 in 2012, so I'm going to get it for 399.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can get an early upgrade (believe if you are at a year of your contract) but won't get the full discount price. I am about to get my iphone 4 but will have to pay $399 for it, as I would be eligible for the full discount of $199 in 2012, so I'm going to get it for 399.

Dont you have to sign another 2 year contract when you do that?

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i am on sprint, and thinking about jumping to verizon for the iphone 4, was thinking bout waiting for the iphone 5, but by the time this happens im pretty sure verizon will not have unlimited data available..

I wonder if i get the iphone 4 now, will be able ot upgrade to the iphone 5 when it comes out in june? Or at least next year.. Or will i be stuck with the iphone 4 for 24months!! Who has some answers for me????

there wont be a iphone 5 in june! maybe next year but as of right now it wouldnt make sense for them to bring out another iphone so quick

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
there wont be a iphone 5 in june! maybe next year but as of right now it wouldnt make sense for them to bring out another iphone so quick

Another phone? The iPhone 4 that Verizon just got is NOT a new phone... It's been out for 7 months already.

Of course there will be a new iPhone in June. There's been a new iPhone every June for the past 4 years.

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Another phone? The iPhone 4 that Verizon just got is NOT a new phone... It's been out for 7 months already.

Of course there will be a new iPhone in June. There's been a new iPhone every June for the past 4 years.

LMAO are you serious? Answer this question why would verizon do that for? Please explain seeeing that you know so much! if another iphone does come out for verizon and at&t it will probably be the same way it was when they had the iphone 3g and 3gs!

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Why did Verizon release the Droid 2 6 months after the original Droid?

Why did they then discontinue the original Droid another month after that?

Money.

Remember, we with AT&T and every other company around the world didn't just get the iPhone 4, those companies got it in June. Apple runs on a very predictable release schedule (Q1 = new OSX, Mid Year = New iPhone & iOS, Late Year = New iPod/preview for next year's stuff)

That and the iPhone 5 is rumored (by people at Foxconn in China) to already be in production with the dual-mode qualcomm cdma/gsm chip (1 phone release rather than 2)

Apple is still selling an 8GB version of the 3GS, but only the 8GB version. This time next year that will be discontinued as well and they will only have the 4/5 for sale.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Everyone and every line isn't eligible for that though. AT&T only allows a certain number of upgrades and partial upgrades in a 2 year span. Just as an example, I got the 3G on a full upgrade and then I was eligible for partial upgrade for the iPhone 3GS.... then not eligible for anything on iPhone 4. Had to wait like 3 more months for partial upgrade. It will ultimately depend on your account, how many times you've already upgraded in the past few years and what Apple and AT&T decides they want to do.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd be surprised if the next iPhone isn't available on both AT&T and VZW. I'd bet some money that it will be on both regardless if they just released this one. Just my thoughts.

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Why did Verizon release the Droid 2 6 months after the original Droid?

Why did they then discontinue the original Droid another month after that?

Money.

Remember, we with AT&T and every other company around the world didn't just get the iPhone 4, those companies got it in June. Apple runs on a very predictable release schedule (Q1 = new OSX, Mid Year = New iPhone & iOS, Late Year = New iPod/preview for next year's stuff)

That and the iPhone 5 is rumored (by people at Foxconn in China) to already be in production with the dual-mode qualcomm cdma/gsm chip (1 phone release rather than 2)

Apple is still selling an 8GB version of the 3GS, but only the 8GB version. This time next year that will be discontinued as well and they will only have the 4/5 for sale.

People like you i don't like... At&t is garbage so don't even mention them! why would verizon release another damn iphone 4months later after making everyone upgrade for this one it makes no sense when you get FACTS come back and talk!

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
People like you i don't like... At&t is garbage so don't even mention them! why would verizon release another damn iphone 4months later after making everyone upgrade for this one it makes no sense when you get FACTS come back and talk!

I'm not attacking you, don't attack me, please. You can listen to what I'm saying or not, it doesn't matter to me. Here is my reasoning, though:

Money. Plain and simple.

Take this scenario: Verizon releases the iPhone 4, and there was much rejoicing because finally they could have a great phone on their network (AT&T works great for me, but Verizon did too. I have no complaints either way).

Fast forward 4 months: Everyone on Verizon is happy with their iPhone 4, but Apple holds a press conference saying they're releasing the iPhone 5. The World oohs and Ahhs at the fancy new features and the shiny new look. It will be available, they say, on whatever date. BUT, they say, Verizon won't carry this phone.

As a Verizon customer, even IF you had the iPhone 4 from February, how would that make you feel? To know that every other iPhone user in the World had access to this shiny new piece of technology except you. If it were me, I'd be pissed.

In the end, Verizon will release it because by then all of the friends of people who got the iPhone 4 will have upgrades available and will want one.

Do I have facts to back that up? No news stories, no press releases, just common sense. It's the same thing with the Droid and the Droid 2. It's all about the dollar, plain and simple.

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not attacking you, don't attack me, please. You can listen to what I'm saying or not, it doesn't matter to me. Here is my reasoning, though:

Money. Plain and simple.

Take this scenario: Verizon releases the iPhone 4, and there was much rejoicing because finally they could have a great phone on their network (AT&T works great for me, but Verizon did too. I have no complaints either way).

Fast forward 4 months: Everyone on Verizon is happy with their iPhone 4, but Apple holds a press conference saying they're releasing the iPhone 5. The World oohs and Ahhs at the fancy new features and the shiny new look. It will be available, they say, on whatever date. BUT, they say, Verizon won't carry this phone.

As a Verizon customer, even IF you had the iPhone 4 from February, how would that make you feel? To know that every other iPhone user in the World had access to this shiny new piece of technology except you. If it were me, I'd be pissed.

In the end, Verizon will release it because by then all of the friends of people who got the iPhone 4 will have upgrades available and will want one.

Do I have facts to back that up? No news stories, no press releases, just common sense. It's the same thing with the Droid and the Droid 2. It's all about the dollar, plain and simple.

common sense nothing there is no proof on the iphone 5 just RUMORS! so like i said when you have FACTS come back! If you happen to be correct then so be it... who cares about the iphone 5 its all about the iphone 4.. also your speaking like you know verizon and what THEY WILL DO!

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Just keep your eyes on the WWDC

That's where they announce the new iPhones and the new iOS. Should hear something from Verizon, AT&T, and all the rest of the companies carrying the iPhone shortly afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods