Email Notification Problem

kman1045

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So I followed the steps to set up my gmail as an Exchange account, but I am getting no notifications for e-mails and when I click on my inbox, it just says "connecting" constantly, and doesn't really update.

When I set up through Google Mail at first, the notifications were lacking, but at least when I clicked on the mail icon, my inbox would refresh.

Any solutions to help me get notifications on my home screen??

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having that trouble today too. I had previously had my gmail synced w/ an ipod touch with no problems, but that was over wifi. Supposedly there's a setting for allowing mobile sync on the gmail desktop site, which wouldn't come into play via wifi but would over 3G... I have to wait to check that out when I get home.

It's also possible that Gmail Exchange servers are a little wacked out today...

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Im having very slow push times for gmail on exchange also today. Worked fine yesterday. If I manually check itll pull down mail, but notifications are taking 5-10 minutes. Im thinking that googles servers are having issues, possibly with all the new iPhones setting up exchange mail.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of what I'm thinking. If I check GMail through the safari browser, I can see a new message... it just doesn't get relayed to the Exchange server - or it's taking a crazy long time for that to happen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods