Using the iPhone as a music player in the car..

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else tried this yet?

I have an iPod/iPhone jack in my 2011 Sonata, and when I connect an Ipod, finding music is a breeze as it sorts all the music by album.

When I plug in my iPhone, it just gives me a list of all the songs (2000) and doesn't give me a way to sort/filter them that I can find.

Anyone else run into this problem? It's quite irritating.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Try turning your phone sideways, or look for a button on the bottom that will change the listing.

I use my iPhone (3GS) in my car connected by USB and it works like a dream.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a silly question, did you sync them over as a playlist? I use it in my car, but I use the iPhone to pick the music as I did previous iPods.

Im curious if adding all the music as a playlist may had opened the folder in your car as one big playlist.

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I should clarify a little..

The phone itself displays the albums, and navigating the music player on the phone itself is a breeze.. Just not so safe when driving..

My car has a touchscreen in it that displays all my music info. This is where it will show only the song list, and no album view. But, it works fine with an iPod.

I'm a bit confused, haha..

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Ah, not sure there.

How are you connecting the iPod? How do you connect the iPhone? I would have thought that the only way album art would show up would be over a USB connection. Try googling for an owners forum. I bet someone has this same issue, perhaps with a solution.

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ah, not sure there.

How are you connecting the iPod? How do you connect the iPhone? I would have thought that the only way album art would show up would be over a USB connection. Try googling for an owners forum. I bet someone has this same issue, perhaps with a solution.

I'll try that..

I hook them both up the exact same way. I have an iPod/iPhone USB cable that connects to my vehicle.