Problem hearing calls, speaker too low?

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was hyped when i got my iphone yesterday i went thru the activation and everything went smoothly i don't miss my bb storm at all but the only problem i have is hearing people when i get phone calls its like there speaking so low even after i turn the volume up... is anyone else having this issue?

blitzjb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue when I first got my BB Storm! No issues with my spectacular new iPhone.
Make sure the volume is up in the settings?

MacGuy76

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
At the risk of sounding dumb...

Did you remove the protective plastic screen that came with the phone, or did you leave it on there?

Andre G

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue when I first got my BB Storm! No issues with my spectacular new iPhone.
Make sure the volume is up in the settings?

the volume is up to its max and its still like everyone is low.. people r saying they can hear me very loud and clear but i cant hear dem loud and clear

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
See post #3, also if you put a screen protector on it the front and it covers the speaker it could cause the same problem. Or you could have a bad speaker, it happens take it to apple for an exchange.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
At the risk of sounding dumb...

Did you remove the protective plastic screen that came with the phone, or did you leave it on there?

Hahahaha! Dude, I actually did that, lol. I was going through the activation with the CSR and was like "Man, uh, I cant hear jack on this thing..." Then I looked down and the plastic film was still on there lol. Phone sounds great though. :D

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is your problem... its where you are placing the phone on your ear.

I know it sounds crazy, but next time you are talking to someone, move your phone up and down on your ear. I am guessing there will be a point at where the volume goes up dramatically.

This is your listening sweet spot. I have to go through this every time I get a new phone, because I am use to how my old phone felt on my ear/cheek. Every phone model is different in regard to the ear speaker.

Try it. Hope I am right.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

chenzo

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I also noticed that it's pretty easy to cover up the speakerphone with your hand, especially when holding it sideways

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73