Email not coming through while phone is locked . . is this normal?

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
(Hope this isn't a re-post . . couldn't find definitive answer on search)

I have Gmail set up through exchange / push "on". Emails come through to my iphone quickly (almost instantly) while I'm using the phone - while it's "on". I noticed that while the phone is "locked" (falls asleep after 1 minute of non use - "autolocks"), I'm not being notified of any incoming emails until I "wake up/unlock" my iphone. My autolock is set to 1 minute by default, so its "asleep/locked" quite a bit.

Is this normal or is there a setting that I missed which will push email alerts to me while my phone is locked?

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Go to setting>Sounds make sure you notification sound is turned on for new mail. Also try to post any GMail related issues in the GMail thread here.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Check your mail settings. "push" can be when icom is pushed or automatically at the time you have in the settings.

Go to setting>Sounds make sure you notification sound is turned on for new mail. Also try to post any GMail related issues in the GMail thread here.

All setting look normal: "push" is on and sound is on for mail. Are you guys using gmail? Are you getting email notifications while phone is "locked"?

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Go to your GMail settings, not on the phone but through a browser.

Log in Click on settings(top right) Click on "Forwarding and POP/IMAP", Look for "IMAP Access" Make sure that is enabled.

mwboost

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Im having trouble too on my 5s. With just a hotmail email. Set to push and everything. Never comes through locked or on homescreen. I have to open the email app.
Galaxy s5 is instant no troubles but 5s is being a pain. Tried resetting too. No good.