Will unlimited data stay unlimited?

Cameronblack

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
All the literature I can find states "Verizon will offer unlimited data for a limited time only." Does this mean if you already got your iPhone your unlimited data will eventually not be unlimited? Or does it just mean people ordering ViP down the line won't have the option for unlimited?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok gotcha so when iPhone 5 comes to Verizon, we're all screwed? Lol :p

I don't think so, because people who got unlimited data for $15 via a now discontinued promotion were able to keep their pricing when they switched to the iPhone. So I think Verizon will be a little nicer and maybe let us keep our unlimited data when we get the iPhone 5. The only way I think they'll take it away is if we switch to an LTE device, at which point we'll probably have to go with a more expensive 4G data plan.

Reactions: Cameronblack

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It's in your contract. If they took unlimited data away, it would be breach of contract on Verizon's part.

This has been debated many times before and I believe the end result was that Verizon stands firm in that it is not a breach of contract. Why? Because data plans are not actually a part of our contracts. We can add and drop the feature as we please.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If you are on a unlimited plan prior to them switching you are grandfathered in when they switch. Even if you upgrade after they tier the plans you will be able to keep the unlimited plan. That has always been the case with carriers. It won't be a problem.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
When AT&T removed the option for unlimited data the people with the unlimited plan got to keep it but if they upgrade their phone, boom unlimited is gone.

Incorrect. Upgrading did not remove phone. As long as you had unlimited you could keep it. Just couldn't move to a capped plan then back to unlimited.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Most likely everyone with unlimited data will be able to keep it just like AT&T and the only way you can use it is switching to a capped plan and then trying to switch back.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner