How To Take A Screenshot - No Jailbreaking Required!

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this asked a couple times in various threads so I thought it would be good to make a thread for people who are new to iOS and didn't know about the screenshot trick. iOS actually has the easiest screenshot capture method of any platform, and it's performed simply by holding down the home button and pressing the power button. The screenshot will save to your camera roll. :)

Cameronblack

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've seen this asked a couple times in various threads so I thought it would be good to make a thread for people who are new to iOS and didn't know about the screenshot trick. iOS actually has the easiest screenshot capture method of any platform, and it's performed simply by holding down the home button and pressing the power button. The screenshot will save to your camera roll. :)

This is an awesome tip I was wondering how people were getting the screen shots of their speed test.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
When I hold down the home button and press the power button, two things happen: I activate SIRI and the screen shuts off.. it's doesn't take a picture. :confused:
iPhone4S - iOS5.0.1

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
try to do it quickly instead of holding one or the other down, sounds like the way you are doing it is activating siri and then locking the screen

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter which button is hit first, but what does matter is speed. Hit both nearly simultaneously, then quickly let go of both and the picture snaps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal