Link for ordering tonight?

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I signed up with Verizon to be kept in the loop about the Iphone launch and haven't received anything yet. Have they got a special link for ordering at 3AM on the 9th?

Also, do you think shipping will be overnight, or like it has been with delays?

Unfortunately, going to a store is not an option for me.:(

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I signed up with Verizon to be kept in the loop about the Iphone launch and haven't received anything yet. Have they got a special link for ordering at 3AM on the 9th?

Also, do you think shipping will be overnight, or like it has been with delays?

Unfortunately, going to a store is not an option for me.:(

On the main page, they have the iPhone with a "Begin" button. That will be the page. When it's time to order an order button will appear. And I'm sure no one here has any real concrete information about shipping. We can only speculate and my thoughts is that it will be the same as last week. Even though overnight delivery appeared on the invoice it was more like 2 business days most likely due to volume.

Reactions: RC28

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just go to the verizon site, they will have a banner for the iphone to order. It will probably be overnight, so hopefully you may get it on the 10th, or 11th at the latest. either day you get it, it will be overnight :p depends what day they send it depending on how busy they are. That is just my thoughts and guesses.

Reactions: RC28

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info! It just seems like it is taking forever to get to the 9th. Reading and absorbing all I can in the meantime so I will be good to go.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Link is live at 3am.. race you there. i need 2. so i hope i can do it fast and quick.. When its 3am, i log in and click buy then put in the number for the phone, add to cart then do it again? that how it works??
and i hope i get it friday the latest if i can even order it. due to the whole dad is owner but he made it so i can do stuff so hopefully i can or i will be calling verizon at 8am and telling them and hopefully they would place the order for me.. o 3am please hurry.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Link is live at 3am.. race you there. i need 2. so i hope i can do it fast and quick.. When its 3am, i log in and click buy then put in the number for the phone, add to cart then do it again? that how it works??
and i hope i get it friday the latest if i can even order it. due to the whole dad is owner but he made it so i can do stuff so hopefully i can or i will be calling verizon at 8am and telling them and hopefully they would place the order for me.. o 3am please hurry.

See ya there! I am not sure how it will work for 2. You will likely need to do it twice.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
thats my guess. i am sure it can be done in one order. just have to do one phone at a time. i dont see why it would be a different way. i know other people ordered 2 so i should be able too. hopefully without a problem. then i can go to sleep and wake up knowing i will be home friday morning and the phone will be there or on its way.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you are ordering on the same account, you can order 2 at the same time from verizon. Ordering through Apple will only let you do one at a time.

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If you are ordering on the same account, you can order 2 at the same time from verizon. Ordering through Apple will only let you do one at a time.

sweet. i added the droid to cart to test it out and it asked me for the line number so i guess it will work...so hopefully it works. if not, i will call verizon and talk to them. they told me it should work.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Got an email from Verizon with a link in it. Bad news is the link doesn't work.:(

When you say the link doesn't work, are you getting an error message or are you just not able to order yet?

If you're getting an error message and not getting any page, then you might want to go to VZW homepage without the link; there should be a button to order when the time comes. If the link is working it should take you to a page on Verizon with some kind of information about pre-ordering.

One last thing---head to the Web-site about 15-minutes early and keep refreshing the page. Ordering became active early on the 3rd, so it might happen again tonight/tomorrow morning.

Good luck!

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
When you say the link doesn't work, are you getting an error message or are you just not able to order yet?

If you're getting an error message and not getting any page, then you might want to go to VZW homepage without the link; there should be a button to order when the time comes. If the link is working it should take you to a page on Verizon with some kind of information about pre-ordering.

One last thing---head to the Web-site about 15-minutes early and keep refreshing the page. Ordering became active early on the 3rd, so it might happen again tonight/tomorrow morning.

Good luck!

When I click on the link in the email I get no page to display. When I copy the link to Firefox I get:

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address because the protocol (res) isn't associated with this program. This comes up as a gray box. Odd no?

When I first got the email I think the link worked. It took me to this page:

iPhone 4. Verizon. It begins.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
When I click on the link in the email I get no page to display. When I copy the link to Firefox I get:

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address because the protocol (res) isn't associated with this program. This comes up as a gray box. Odd no?

When I first got the email I think the link worked. It took me to this page:

iPhone 4. Verizon. It begins.

That seems to be the correct link, it took me to the correct Web-site.

I've never used Firefox and I'm wondering if the problem is related to that. Do you have another Web browser you can use for the ordering process (eg, IE, Safari) just in case that's the problem?

Enter the URL manually if necessary to get you to that page at 2:45 AM (ET) and just keep refreshing until the order button is available. If you have access to another Web browser, I'd suggest trying that out before it's time to order.

Good luck, I hope it works for you.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
That seems to be the correct link, it took me to the correct Web-site.

I've never used Firefox and I'm wondering if the problem is related to that. Do you have another Web browser you can use for the ordering process (eg, IE, Safari) just in case that's the problem?

Enter the URL manually if necessary to get you to that page at 2:45 AM (ET) and just keep refreshing until the order button is available. If you have access to another Web browser, I'd suggest trying that out before it's time to order.

Good luck, I hope it works for you.

The link I gave is what I saw when I got the email, but not working now. Here is the email link:

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm#https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/?email=Responsys&CMP=EMC-C-S-Icon_Sale1

Not working in IE either.

The link I gave in the last post is from the Verizon site and the one I figure I will have to use. Thanks for your help.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The link I gave is what I saw when I got the email, but not working now. Here is the email link:

res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm#https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/?email=Responsys&CMP=EMC-C-S-Icon_Sale1

Not working in IE either.

The link I gave in the last post is from the Verizon site and the one I figure I will have to use. Thanks for your help.

I just tried the link you provided (the actual link, not the email) and a few variations of it in Safari and it doesn't open for me either.

This is the link I used to pre-order my iPhone last week and it takes me directly to the page that should be active for you to order at 3:00 AM (https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/cc6?NFOQBRSCQYVnkhILtxhilhgtpgLQgLlVaVYVGf6beVnkhILtxhilhgtpgLQgLlVXLX

See if this works for you. If not, just go to the VZW homepage and take it from there. :)

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
well that sucks...verizonwireless.com only ships out the phone and the expected date is the 18 ill wait for the apple one to get up or ill just have to wait in line

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77