FaceTime??? What gives it won't activate

jb1dsl

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I have been trying to activate my FaceTime and have had no luck. Can anyone give me some pointers. I have turned it off and on so many times I lost count. I am connected to my wifi at home. I have reset the phone too, no luck. Help please.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I have been trying to activate my FaceTime and have had no luck. Can anyone give me some pointers. I have turned it off and on so many times I lost count. I am connected to my wifi at home. I have reset the phone too, no luck. Help please.

Who have you called with facetime? Did they try to facetime you?

jb1dsl

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried to make a call yet because it says it is not activated and the option is not there when want to call my brother. He has an iPod touch with FaceTime.

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
FWIW im having the same exact problem. no verzion in the task bar nor the option to face time, just says waiting for activation. I spent allday on the phone with verizon and apple, and apparently their servers got overloaded and arent bouncing back the silent sms to activate it. not really sure why that would make it show 3g and not verizon at the top. but this is bugging me just as bad as you trust me the verizon guy said by tommorow morning they are addressing this issue

jb1dsl

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Well if that is the only glitch with the phone and preorder I think I will survive, but I would like for it to work asap. Does anyone have it working on the VIP?

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
FWIW im having the same exact problem. no verzion in the task bar nor the option to face time, just says waiting for activation. I spent allday on the phone with verizon and apple, and apparently their servers got overloaded and arent bouncing back the silent sms to activate it. not really sure why that would make it show 3g and not verizon at the top. but this is bugging me just as bad as you trust me the verizon guy said by tommorow morning they are addressing this issue

I helped my daughter activate her VZW iPhone4 this afternoon.. .took every bit of about 3 minutes from connecting it to iTunes to getting the ACTIVATED sms message...

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well if that is the only glitch with the phone and preorder I think I will survive, but I would like for it to work asap. Does anyone have it working on the VIP?

right i knew it was too good to be true :cool: still enjoying the dog piss out of this device and so is the misses (whom claimed she would be blackberry for life):eek:

bcannada

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem last night. Check which software version you are on because I was on 4.2.5, so I updated to 4.2.6 and then FaceTime worked for me. Hope this helps.

k10kekail

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
would the phone come with outdated software? I feel that verizon should send the phones with the most recent ios. This must have been a network problem.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I have an AT&T iPhone and my wife got her VZW yesterday. We were able to Facetime each other over WiFi.

Just make sure you have enabled Facetime by going to settings/Phone and turning Facetime on.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
That is where I'm getting the waiting for activation message.

Only other suggestion would be to try to re-active your iPhone by dialing *228 & choosing option 1 (it should only take about 30 seconds to complete). If that doesn't work I'd plug the iPhone into iTunes, back it up, then restore. By restoring you wipe the device completely which makes the iPhone reactivate. Then all you have to do is chose to restore from the backup you just had and your iPhone will be back to where it was (minus possibly a couple of passwords you may have to re-enter)

Good luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice