Need some advice: should I pre-order & pick-up @ the AppleStore or have it shipped?

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I stood in line for 2 hours at the AppleStore when the iPhone 3G came out, has the in-store activation/check-out process become more streamlined/efficient? I've been on Verizon ever since because I got zero reception at my house with AT&T.

Should I just wait for the UPS (overnight) delivery? Heard that some pre-order customers got their phones on the 2nd day, as opposed to overnight.

I'm considering in-store pick-up because my UPS deliveries usually arrive around 6pm. I'm thinking that if I pick mine up at the store earlier in the day, Verizon's activation servers will not be as overwhelmed.

I do not anticipate any other activation issues since I am already a Verizon customer and am using the same number to upgrade my phone.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know if you order the phone on the 9th, do you get to do a in-store pick up on the 10th? And do any of you know when the apple store is opening up and what time would be a reasonable time to wait in line...?

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Im in the same boat. im up at school. Going home for the weekend either thursday or friday ( pending if have to go to a meeting friday). verizon is 3 min away. Thinking of going around 4-5am. SPoke to the worker today and he said they should be getting a bunch of phones and 4-5am should be ok and if i want to start the line then go for it. he was telling me to bring hot choc etc lol.... on the other hand, i dont want to get there at 5 and see a HUGE line.. if i order with verizon tomorrow morning and it get it shipped i need it to arrive by friday so
1) I am home to get it
2) its a surprise for my dad so i need to be home to get it..

SO confused. :(

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
No one can buy or place an order for a Verizon iPhone until the 10th as far as I know.

Also, launches are always going to go slower due to sheer volume of customers. If you wait a week or even 2 you will likely be able to just walk into any store and walk back out within 10 minutes.

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, i am one who has little to non patients what so ever! I took the day off and everything...Blackberry2Iphone your best best to go early as possible being as its a verizon store and not an apple store.......I just need info on the apple store. I know they get tons more than verizon.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well in my experience the Apple Store has by far the longest waits and lines.

It's really a roll of the dice either way and up to luck. Do you want to wait longer at the store with more phones in stock? Do you want to risk a shorter wait for a store that might sell out?

There are also fewer Apple Stores and so it also might depend how far you want to drive.

Last edited:

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, i am one who has little to non patients what so ever! I took the day off and everything...Blackberry2Iphone your best best to go early as possible being as its a verizon store and not an apple store.......I just need info on the apple store. I know they get tons more than verizon.

thats what im going to do. question is do i go at 3 or 4 or 5. and i cant convince my roommate to come so i will be alone. and will be bored out of my mind. if theres no line, i will wait in my car until other people show up. if there are 15 ppl there i would get inline.... just need to know if im going to meeting friday, if not, i will go home right from verizon which means i will have my laptop and can watch movies etc....
theres an apple near me at home and one near school but thats 40 min away and if im going home after, im not going to drive that far..

i heard we can preofer on apple.com and pick it up at verizon. that could work but i feel i am better off just getting it at verizon.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know if you order the phone on the 9th, do you get to do a in-store pick up on the 10th? And do any of you know when the apple store is opening up and what time would be a reasonable time to wait in line...?

Yes, you have the option of ordering online tonight at 3am E.S.T., with free next-day shipping OR in-store pickup at the Apple Store on 2/10.

Just do the "eligibility check" on either the Apple.com website or Verizonwireless.com website before deciding to get up at 3am!

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you have the option of ordering online tonight at 3am E.S.T., with free next-day shipping OR in-store pickup at the Apple Store on 2/10.

Just do the "eligibility check" on either the Apple.com website or Verizonwireless.com website before deciding to get up at 3am!

I'm a new customer.......

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
waiting in a line does not effect me at all i dont mind it ill prepare myself with lots of clothing and such..... i have two apple stores one in an outdoor mall and one in an indoor mall......i have had great success with the iphone 3gs when it came out at the outdoor mall and it is only about 20 miles away from my house. .....Ugh tough decision! I dont know, it just seems i have a better chance at the apple store then the verizon....

bcurtiss

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No one can buy or place an order for a Verizon iPhone until the 10th as far as I know.

Also, launches are always going to go slower due to sheer volume of customers. If you wait a week or even 2 you will likely be able to just walk into any store and walk back out within 10 minutes.

If you are an exsisting customer you can pre-order tonight at 3 am EST.

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
February 9

Order an iPhone 4 from the Apple Online Store and have it shipped free to your door.

Or reserve an iPhone 4 on February 9 for pickup at your favorite Apple Retail Store starting February 10 and get Personal Setup.
February 10

Order an iPhone 4 from the Apple Online Store and have it shipped free to your door.

Or stop by an Apple Retail Store starting at 7 a.m. to buy an iPhone 4 on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thats right from apples website so it looks like new customers will be able to reserve one?!

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think delivery is a good option if your going to be home. If you reserve it i think they will have a special line to just activate and pick up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh