List Of Question To Help All
This should help us all I hope:
1. Voicemail, how do I set up? Yesterday I activated with tech support and just breezed over the process. I just hit phone and voicemail and greeting and set that, however how can I set a busy message as well as my name when I leave e message for other Verizon customers? I used to be able to do that.
2. Messaging, is there a way to set it up to automatically delete messages after so many days?
3. How can I tell how much memory I am using (RAM) Is there a process to close apps or does a reset do that or what is what on that? I am paranoid since I used to have BB Storm and they are notious for slowing down when too many programs running. I am not talking about .
4. To dial into my VM at work, I need to pause, enter extension and #, pause, enter password and #. Is there a way for it to pause and wait for me to hit a button to enter that data? I set it up to dial xxxxxxxxxxpauseextension#pausepassword# and it does it but blows through everything and does not allow me to enter the data like I could with my BB. In other words, with my BB, it waited for me to press a button that had the password and # and extension and # in it. Am I making sense? Do I maybe add more pauses?
5. Is there a good Google app? The Apple mail app is confusing. I have an Inbox that I can't delete anything in, only archive and where is that archiving to, and an all mail folder that I can delete from but it has sent and trash in It is awfully confusing.
6. Ringtones, is there an easy way to create your own? I used Phonezoo in the past.
That's it for now, hope this helps others.
- 02-08-2011, 12:01 PM #2
2. No. You'll have to manually delete.
3. This is a nonissue with iOS. But if you feel the need to manually close apps, double click the home button until your fast switch bar opens. Then hold down the offending app until it jiggles, and then press the x in the corner. When done, press home again.
- 02-08-2011, 12:06 PM #3
Just a note: The absolute easiest way to make ringtones is the last post in the thread Alli linked as #6.
For #4, are you dialing in from a different phone? If not, go to the phone app, hit Voicemail (last icon in the right) and if there are any you can play/delete them from there.
It is my work voicemail not my phone one.
Also, speaking of messaging, this phone seems to default to a MMS. With that in mind, is there anyway to attach a video to a message? Also, How can I default to a SMS? Lastly, I used to be able to send more than 160 characters in a MMS, can't do that now, suggestions?
- 02-08-2011, 12:43 PM #5
It should send more than 160, but it might break it into separate messages. I know when I get long messages from my mom (T-Mobile BlackBerry), they're broken up, but when I send long messages to my wife they work just fine. If it bugs you to see the count, go to the Settings App > Messages and turn it off (last slider)
As long as the video is in your Camera Roll (where the default camera saves everything), you can attach a video to a message. Just click the camera icon on the left and pick choose existing picture or video and select the clip from there.
Okay, update. I figured out 1 and 2. 3 I guess is a non-issue. 4 I figured out, the wait command works, I am working with Apple client for 5 right now until I research some more. Quick one on that, when on my PC, I can start to type a name and their e-mail comes up for the address field. I can't seem to do that with my iphone unless it is stored on it. How can I get the iphone to behave like gmail on my pc and pull up emails that are not stored on it?
- 02-09-2011, 10:07 AM #7
I believe you would have to have the email address stored in the contact info for that to work.
If you really want, though, there are a couple of gmail apps in the app store. Just search gmail and see if there are any that you like. Never used any of them, so I can't comment on them.
- 02-09-2011, 10:51 AM #8
If you'll set up your gmail account as either IMAP or Exchange, it will act just like it does on your pc. That being said, it also means that if you delete an email on your iPhone, it will be deleted everywhere.
Check this thread for more help http://forum.tipb.com/verizon-iphone...der-email.html
- 02-09-2011, 11:10 AM #9
create a ringtone using itunes -
in itunes, right click (control click if you have a mac), go to get info>options
check start time and stop time and select a start and stop time. i make my ringtones 25-30 seconds.
after you do that, hit ok. then go to the song you just edited, right click or control click, and select create AAC version. it will create another file, the length you have selected. click and drag the AAC version to your desktop. then delete the AAC version from itunes. go into the options on the desktop icon you just made, and change it from m4a to m4r. accept changes etc. then click and drag back into itunes. it will be under ringtones. then sync to your phone.
dont forget to go back and change the start time and stop time back to the normal positions when your done =)
Last edited by JasonG; 02-09-2011 at 11:49 AM.
My question is what is the part about changing? Is that a general option that was not specific to that song? I am not at home on itunes so I can't see it physically. I dont understand why you have to change anything back if you just created a new file anyway that was 30 seconds long. please explain.
- 02-09-2011, 11:46 AM #12
just editing the information wont create the new file. once you save the changes by clicking ok you wont know that the song is edited unless you go back into it and look or the song plays and starts at the chorus and ends 30 seconds later. when you click, after you edit the start and stop info, and then click create AAC verision, thats what creates the new file. you sill have to go back and edit the song file so that it starts at 0:00 and ends when it was suppose to. converting it, is just a matter of changing the file name. it will be ringtone.m4a whereas it needs to be ringtone.m4r.
- 02-09-2011, 11:48 AM #13
I understand now. What you did was change the song in itunes to me 30 seconds ling or whatever and then created a ringone from that snippett. So it is important to knw the end time for the song so you can enter it and get it back to normal, right?
- 02-09-2011, 04:29 PM #15
- 02-09-2011, 07:44 PM #19
- 02-09-2011, 09:05 PM #22
- 02-09-2011, 09:15 PM #24
try moving it to the desktop and doing it. then delete the aac file from itunes, then add the ringtone back to itunes. make sure that before you alter the file it has .m4a after it originally. if it just says songname it wont work. it has to say songname.m4a