Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    iMore Beginner

54 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Anyone that has strong knowledge of setting up gmail for VZW iphone 4 I need to ask the following and keep in mind I know how to set it up, I am looking for an opinion on this:

In your opinion since I have originally set up my gmail on my old Blackberry as IMAP, what do you think I should set it up as on my new iphone? IMAP or exchange and keep in mind I have never had any trouble with it as IMAP and have always gotten my email.
    Thank you for any feedback.
    I have 1 gmail account exchange (my main with contacts and calendar), and another gmail account (junk mail mostly) set up imap. I am noticing much faster push with the exchange account. Its always there instantly. The imap account sometimes takes several minutes to receive an email.

I would go exchange.
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

The main difference is IMAP is just for email. Exchange is for mail, contacts, and calendar (and notes for other platforms).

So if you don't care about syncing your contacts or calendar, stick with IMAP.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123