How long is the battery lasting?

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
usage 2 hours, 10 minutes
standby 3 hours, 55 minutes
Battery level = 77%

Thoughts? This seems poor to me but I am coming from a BB Bold. I have done all the battery life management adjustments and have optimized my iPhone to the fullest extent that I can and still have it operate in the manner I need.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I used mine all day yesterday and at 8pm I still had 43% percent left. I even tried to run the battery down by streaming a movie through netflix and it only dropped 7% (about an hour of streaming over 3G). Battery life is much better than my 3GS that I had. On a normal day (for me) I would be at 40-50% by 3pm and almost dead by the time I went to bed.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Marc911996

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Dropped 21% in 3 hours... not much use but PUSH email from Exchange.

I guess I was spoiled by years of Blackberry's. battery lated forever on those things.

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was my first full day out. I unplugged at 7am, played Words With Friends all day, about 5 or 6 phone calls, Twitter, Facebook, Beluga...all day. Browsed the forums for a few..email set to Push. At 9pm when I was about to put it on the charger, I was down to 38%. Not bad for me...with my Droid2, I would have already charged again by 5pm.

Today is not so good though, but I haven't put it down since I woke up this morning. It's been off of the charger since 6:23am and I've used it nonstop for 3 of those 4 hours...down to 44%. Played Fruit Ninja, took a ton of pics, downloaded a ton of apps, Twitter, etc. I changed up some settings, turned off some notifications for apps.

Last edited:

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My phone battery lasted about a day and a half and I still had 15% battery left. Definitely loving the battery life on my iphone and not having to worry about it dying on me midday like some of my droids

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I used mine all day yesterday and at 8pm I still had 43% percent left. I even tried to run the battery down by streaming a movie through netflix and it only dropped 7% (about an hour of streaming over 3G). Battery life is much better than my 3GS that I had. On a normal day (for me) I would be at 40-50% by 3pm and almost dead by the time I went to bed.

after a few days it gets better

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My battery life concern is answered and very satisfied. Yesterday I pulled it off the charger at 9:30AM went through a very busy day with it including a lot of texting, push email, display all the way up, about 2 1/2 hours on the phone, music, Pandora, and at 2AM in the morning it was at 30%. I would compare this easily with Blackberry battery life :D

mcforan23

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I pulled mine off the charger at 7am this morning and its already down to 66%

I'm hoping this gets better in the future, I hardly used it this morning since I was at class all morning.
Anyone else seeing this big a drop with only 1 hour of usage?

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I pulled mine off the charger at 7am this morning and its already down to 66%

I'm hoping this gets better in the future, I hardly used it this morning since I was at class all morning.
Anyone else seeing this big a drop with only 1 hour of usage?

To my understanding, one of the big battery life killers is keeping Facetime on, go to settings, phone, facetime, off

Also, there is a good sticky on some settings to try for better battery

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner