Android to ios4

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a droid to an iPhone is like leaving an ex wife behind. Only better things ahead I love my new Verizon iPhone

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today and haven't put It down already got all my music and photos and let me say syncing is the easiest tomorrow will be to put some custom ringtones. Can you make custom notifications ?

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Got mine today and haven't put It down already got all my music and photos and let me say syncing is the easiest tomorrow will be to put some custom ringtones. Can you make custom notifications ?

yeah you can make custom notifications and set custom ringtones and text message notifications for each contact

juniorfan

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I think I will be the first person to return an iPhone from them lmfao....its a nice phone but going through a day with it I like android better. Going to return it and wait for my thunderbolt.

mg911

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure. So far I only played with it four a couple hours. I think i like my droid 1 a little better. Hopefully this will change the more i get used to it.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I HATE not being able to natively download files!!! Time to jailbreak like I did with my 3GS. All in all...I said I wouldn't go back to an iPhone after android and here I am again haha.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I think I will be the first person to return an iPhone from them lmfao....its a nice phone but going through a day with it I like android better. Going to return it and wait for my thunderbolt.

Are you going to try jailbreaking (Rooting it, in Android-speak) it before returning it?

I have a Droid Incredible and love the ability to customize virtually every aspect of the phone. I am on the fence as to whether I should order one at 3am on 2/9....Since we have 14 days to return it, I am going to jailbreak mine and see how it performs.

In terms of design, the iPhone cannot be beat. Like all the reviewers have said, it truly feels like a well-designed luxury watch.

Built-in iPod is also a strong draw for me....

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I kept going back and forth between whether or not to get an iPhone and switch from Android. I have a dinc and use google services extensively. I bought my wife the iphone and it arrived yesterday, and set it up for her. The build quality and screen are exquisite, but after playing with it a while I've decided Android fits me better, so I'm going to wait and get the Thunderbolt. For her, because of its simple and intuitive interface it's perfect for her and she loves it.Now if iphone 5 comes out and has a larger screen and a little better notifications I might switch to that. Bottom line is that they are both excellent OSs despite what fanboys on both sides of the aisle will say.

Hangfire

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure. So far I only played with it four a couple hours. I think i like my droid 1 a little better. Hopefully this will change the more i get used to it.

I think I can relate in some small way even though I haven't an iphone myself. I did recently purchase an iPod Touch and while the OS is beautiful and smooth, it's very limited, the novelty wears off quick. As far as eye candy, it doesn't get any better, but I can see how some would crave further customization, without having to jailbreak necessarily.

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
all you have to do is go into your contacts click on a contact and it lets you set a custom tone for each individual contact if u want

It lets you add a different tone not a custom tone. You still have to pick one of the tone Apple had preset for you. The only way to add truly custom tones for texts that I've been able to find is to jailbreak. Am I missing something?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73