Face time Issue

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to get face time to work

I have a ipod touch 4th and a iphone 4

I created the account on the ipod and I am able to make a connection between the devices in my living room on a wi fi connection but if I try to use the iphone out of range of the wifi it does not connect, it states wifi is needed

Please tell me that you can face time without a wifi connection on the iphone and use my celluar signal like if im driving and want to facetime to talk with my kids on the ipod at home where they would have wifi.

Thanks

Last edited:

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I should have done my homework, I bought a ipod so I could communicate with my kids while traveling.

Tell me.. does anyone else think that using it over wifi only is the stupidest thing, what good is that??

I installed Skype for now, if it does not go 3G what a failure it would be, how limited can something be.

Any tenative date for OS 5.0 ?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I should have done my homework, I bought a ipod so I could communicate with my kids while traveling.

Tell me.. does anyone else think that using it over wifi only is the stupidest thing, what good is that??

I installed Skype for now, if it does not go 3G what a failure it would be, how limited can something be.

Any tenative date for OS 5.0 ?

Yes in June. No guarantees it will be included in it though but it very well could

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think it's dumb to not let users have a choice, but I can see, from the carriers' perspective, why they would not want facetime over 3G. Video-chat is a resource hog, and I don't think anyone wants their cell-phone networks compromised anymore.

NYC has bad enough cell service when enough people are hitting cell towers, can you imagine the same number of people video-chatting?

With LTE, you might see it, because the data-pipes are much bigger.

I'm over-simplifying it, I'm sure, but that's it in a nut-shell.

wingsabr

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Or you can jailbreak and use Facebreak or My3g. (my preference) I have this on both mine and my wifes phone and it works great!

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreaking is definitely the answer. I've used FaceTime on Edge and I thought that was truely impressive!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox