Why would they do this?

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
So close but yet so far. My expected delivery for my iphone was today at 3pm. Got home today..no iPhone. Checked my tracking number and my phone was on a truck. Called up fed-ex to see whats up and they were very nice. They said due to the high demand they were not able to get all their orders out. I then asked if i could drive to the warehouse to get it since the truck had already come back. She asked for my info and such and then said "im sorry but verizon wont let us do that, we have to try and deliver it at least once". Why on earth would verizon do that? My estimated date now has changed to the 8th. Im bummed! Has this happened to anyone else? too many iphones for fed-ex/ups to handle in your area?

anon(123795)

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You need to call fedex back and raise hell. That is unacceptable. Not your fault that they can deliver fast enough to get it to you. Verizon paid them for overnight delivery and they failed to do that.

adamped92

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
be thankful urs is even on a truck, all us business guys most likely wont even see ours till the tenth cause verizon fed up

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
You need to call fedex back and raise hell. That is unacceptable. Not your fault that they can deliver fast enough to get it to you. Verizon paid them for overnight delivery and they failed to do that.

Believe me, part of me wanted to call verizon and raise hell but i dont think that would do much for me. I guess a lot of people in the charlotte area pre-ordered for it to affect there shipping that bad? If i dont get it tomorrow...phone calls will be made.

be thankful urs is even on a truck, all us business guys most likely wont even see ours till the tenth cause verizon fed up

This is very true. I just wish i was one of the first stops..ehh the waiting continues..

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There is no reason why you shouldn't be able to pick the phone up at FedEx's will call. That is BS, like the others stated above, call and raise hell and I bet you will be able to go get it. Let us know the outcome.

cthomas1440

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local Fedex on Friday and added a hold. The lady typed something into her computer and printed something off. She said I could pick it up Monday around 9am or anytime I saw the info change to my town. It was changed at 8:20am. They open at 8:30 am. I was there at 8:32am. She asked for I'd and handed me my phone. There was no delivery attempt at all. I'm not sure what's going on with those of you that have problems. I'm very pleased to have had things work out for me but I wish they had for you all as well.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 4
using Tapatalk

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
GUYSSSSS guess who just came to my door at 7!!!!!!! FED-EX! She said she has been busting her butt all day today. Kinda weird that they didnt know they would be coming today when i called but its here and im a happy camper!

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me with UPS today. Even though they attempted one delivery, they said that Verizon wouldn't allow pickup. I went to the hub anyway and they gave it to me, no questions asked.

jdragione

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Call FedEx now and raise hell .. You PAID for OVERNIGHT shipping (it was free but they dont know) ... Ask to speak to a supervisor and get down to the local FedEx office by 9PM. Dont take NO for an answer.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Call FedEx now and raise hell .. You PAID for OVERNIGHT shipping (it was free but they dont know) ... Ask to speak to a supervisor and get down to the local FedEx office by 9PM. Dont take NO for an answer.

He already posted again on this thread saying he got it today ;)

megandianeu

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone arrived in the next town over (10 minutes from here) and then....

Bremerton, WA, United States
02/07/2011 4:03 P.M. In Transit
02/07/2011 5:17 A.M. Out For Delivery
02/07/2011 3:30 A.M. Arrival Scan

It went from out for delivery to in transit! I and 3 other people have been home all day and no one has come. Tried calling UPS CS but it says all agents are busy try again later. Grr!! Not a happy camper it's already 4:18pm.