Verizon iPhone Emoji problems?

luvesuga

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
waiting for someone with AT&T to text me back...I'll edit when I hear something.

Doesn't work.

Last edited:

4NICHOLAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon iphone and I cannot send to at&t phones, just like everyone else, but my friend can send me from her at&t phone to my Verizon phone. Now that is odd, if it works one way, shouldn't it work the other?

jonkean

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The issue is with Verizon, as they don't support sending text messages with UTF8 characters to devices outside their own network.

In the current state, Verizon iPhones can:
  • receive emoji text messages from either AT&T or Verizon iPhones
  • send emoji text messages only to other Verizon iPhone users

Hopefully Verizon can figure out some way to support sending emoji icons to AT&T iPhone users, as currently AT&T has no problems.

Donny7

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.. I made a post about this a couple days about... See here Emoji Free - Upside down question marks?

This is the response I got back from the developer of Emoji Free

Hello!

It's a problem on Verizons end, and hopefully they will fix it. For the time being, emoji does work between other verizon iPhones, and you can also receive emoji icons from AT&T iPhone users (but you cannot send AT&T users icons, as you pointed out)

Also when I called Verizon last night to get a billing question resolved I also mentioned this happening so that the Rep could send the problem up to engineering - Perhaps the more of us that complain the faster it will be resolved.

:D

rkawski

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
On iOS 4.2.5 I was able to get emoji from AT&T on Verizon and copy and past and send those emoji back to AT&T. As soon as I upgraded to 4.2.6 this stopped working.

Now this could also be a timing thing as it worked on 2/8 at 2p.m. and then stopped working later that day. I tested with 2 AT&T iPhones and both got emoji from the Verizon iPhone?

4NICHOLAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Test

okay, I did a test. I read somewhere if you send in MMS, it will work. Well, I didn't know how to do this, but I found if you send the message to 2 people, it will send it MMS. So, I tried sending Emoji to 2 people with AT&T phones, and it worked. It won't work with just 1, but at least I found there is a way to make it work. There has to be a better way.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner