Cannot activate until Thursday

jdragione

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered an iPhone on a different line and had to call to try to activate it on the main line and the rep says

"No iPhones can be swapped or activated on any accounts until Thursday. Asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing".

Has anyone actually activated an iPhone and making calls on thier account !?!?!

blu3live

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered an iPhone on a different line and had to call to try to activate it on the main line and the rep says

"No iPhones can be swapped or activated on any accounts until Thursday. Asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing".

That is inaccurate, as per Verizon Wireless's own message to the public. HERE you can read their message, I've included it below.

When your Verizon iPhone arrives, no need to wait. ACTIVATE IMMEDIATELY and enjoy! #VZWiphone

blu3live

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
lol, they should be better trained because they make far more than that an hour. Starting rate is at minimum 11 dollars an hour.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps the $7 an hour rep fell asleep during training ;) I would call again and try, if you don't get what your looking for, call Apple

kevin.py

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It seems pretty common, that if you spoke with 10 Verizon CSR's, you're likely to get 10 different answers

If you can, go into your nearest Verizon Wireless store. I was just at one near my job in Manhattan (of course mine doesn't come from Apple until tomorrow but my friend was buying accessories for his). Anyway, the guy in the store said you can activate in store or on the phone, because you have to accept terms and conditions (I've never seen this before, guess this is new for the iPhone). I don't know about an automated activation though like for Blackberries. Like as others in this thread have said, call back and you'll hopefully get someone more intelligent. :D

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Received my iphone today at lunch and I had no problems during activation. :)

To help Jdragione out, did you get it activate it on the line that you upgraded, or were you looking to activated it on a different line? Did you call a rep to activate? Did the rep work for Apple or Verizon?

He's seeking help, not a no problem role call ;)

Last edited:

Tennessee

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

I did both this morning through tech support instead of CSR.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2