Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Default Cannot activate until Thursday

So I ordered an iPhone on a different line and had to call to try to activate it on the main line and the rep says

"No iPhones can be swapped or activated on any accounts until Thursday. Asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing".

Has anyone actually activated an iPhone and making calls on thier account !?!?!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

Sounds like people are activating and using their new iPhones without problems:
    http://forum.tipb.com/verizon-iphone...ngs-going.html
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by jdragione View Post
    So I ordered an iPhone on a different line and had to call to try to activate it on the main line and the rep says

"No iPhones can be swapped or activated on any accounts until Thursday. Asked to speak to a supervisor and he said the same thing".

That is inaccurate, as per Verizon Wireless's own message to the public. HERE you can read their message, I've included it below.

When your Verizon iPhone arrives, no need to wait. ACTIVATE IMMEDIATELY and enjoy! #VZWiphone
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I guess the customer service rep making 7 dollars an hour should be better trained.
    iPhone Experts

I guess the customer service rep making 7 dollars an hour should be better trained.
    Put it this way: If you called VZW and talked to a rep that DIDN'T BS you, we'd all be floored.
    iPhone Beginner

lol, they should be better trained because they make far more than that an hour. Starting rate is at minimum 11 dollars an hour.
    kvo
    iPhone Newbie

I would call back and most likely a different rep will let you do it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

Perhaps the $7 an hour rep fell asleep during training I would call again and try, if you don't get what your looking for, call Apple
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Yeah im on hold for 20 mins now to have "Technical Support" activate it ... grrrrr
    iPhone Newbie

Received my iphone today at lunch and I had no problems during activation.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

It seems pretty common, that if you spoke with 10 Verizon CSR's, you're likely to get 10 different answers
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by curtisinoc View Post
    It seems pretty common, that if you spoke with 10 Verizon CSR's, you're likely to get 10 different answers
    If you can, go into your nearest Verizon Wireless store. I was just at one near my job in Manhattan (of course mine doesn't come from Apple until tomorrow but my friend was buying accessories for his). Anyway, the guy in the store said you can activate in store or on the phone, because you have to accept terms and conditions (I've never seen this before, guess this is new for the iPhone). I don't know about an automated activation though like for Blackberries. Like as others in this thread have said, call back and you'll hopefully get someone more intelligent.
    iPhone Newbie

thats bull I just did it like 5 mins ago..
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    853 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Dziekan View Post
    Received my iphone today at lunch and I had no problems during activation.
    To help Jdragione out, did you get it activate it on the line that you upgraded, or were you looking to activated it on a different line? Did you call a rep to activate? Did the rep work for Apple or Verizon?

He's seeking help, not a no problem role call
    Last edited by DougFNJ; 02-07-2011 at 02:53 PM.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Talked to another rep and he is activating it right now no problem
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts

I did both this morning through tech support instead of CSR.
    iPhone Newbie

I activated mine and switched lines to. I'm typing this now from my new iPhone! Had 0 issues! Even kept my $15 data plan.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

Me too. Ordered on one line, called and activated it on my main line no problem.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

I activated mine when i got it around 130 EST and has been working great since