Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    iPhone Newbie

18 Posts

love this phone!
    iPhone Beginner

63 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

FANfrekintastic! I love this thing. A few of my favorite things are (coming from a Storm 2)....

no more truncated emails!!

Pictures in emails automatically download.

I can take emails and put them in folders ive created on the email account.

The links in Twitter and elsewhere actually work now.

Apps (ok, games)lol.

The net and the browser experience are awesome! Folks that think the data speed is slow on here should go try to use the BB browser and try to go to a web page, haha. This for me is like going from dial up straight to broadband.

As everyone else I miss the stupid little light and the different profiles (sleep mode with the clock) but Im thinkin Ill get over it.
    iMore Intermediate

106 Posts
    Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

i love this phone so much. puts my tour to shame.(but i would still go back to a bb over a droid anyday)
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

As a blackberry user for over 6 years there are a couple of things that I do not like/need to get used to-

The notification system- I miss the icons up top saying you have new messages and the led notification light big time

Touch screen vs physical keyboard- I am sure I will eventually get used to the touchscreen but right now I am having difficulty typing on it

I do not like how a message pops up on the homescreen automatically. I am hoping there is a may to prevent this, but I haven't had enough time to fully get into the phone.

Evereything else on the phone is great, especially the screen, web browsing and the overall phone itself

That being said I did pay full retail price and sold my bb on ebay to help cut into the cost. Its pretty nice, just not sure if I can justify the $700 I paid for it. I will be taking advantage of my 30 day return policy with Apple to see if its a keeper
    iMore Beginner

84 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,156 Global Posts

Over my Storm 1? That it works (lol) no but I love the whole iOS experience running much more smoothly than my old phone did many times, as much as some don't like it I love the popups for texts, facebook, apps I have set up to do it like EPL livecast so I can just check them quick and see if it's immediate to reply or not rather than open every message to see the same, Safari v BB browser no contest.
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

I bought my phone from an Apple retail store and received personal setup so when I walked out the salesman placed my screen protector on for me, fit my case and made sure I knew how to do everything so that when I got home and did my sync with itunes I would know what to sync and how. Couldn't be better.

A great experience.
    iPhone Beginner

51 Posts

My wife and I will be getting our I4 tomorrow.
    iMore Intermediate

267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MUDPLZ View Post
    I'm doing great. When I got the iPhone I followed the instructions that came with it. After I activated it in iTunes I called CS and had them take it off my wifes line and put onto mine. The CS lady was very nice and it took some time, maybe 20 min or so to switch the phones around. I also had them keep my $15 per month data plan because I am always on wifi.

So far the phone works smooth I have sync it with Gmail via the exchange account.

The only thing I wish i could figure out is how to get gmail chat via an application that is not full of adds and works properly..
    meebo works great for me
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345