Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Computer authorization question

I have five authorized computers on my account. Some are crashed pc's that cannot be accessed. The only option is to deauthorize all? Will this affect my account and cause loss of data? Or.. Can authorize all and then reauthorize the ones I need?

iPhone being delivered today!

thanks
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,019 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blitzjb View Post
    I have five authorized computers on my account. Some are crashed pc's that cannot be accessed. The only option is to deauthorize all? Will this affect my account and cause loss of data? Or.. Can authorize all and then reauthorize the ones I need?

iPhone being delivered today!

thanks
    You are correct. Deauthorize All, then add the computres you really want. You don't get this option until you have reached 5 authorized computers.

From what I can tell this is the only way to remove unwanted computers.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    5,147 Global Posts

Deauthorizing will not cause data loss. You will just need to reauthorize the computers you want and you are good to go.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

It shouldn't really affect you...but just so you know, you can only deauthorize all computers once per year.