[Official] Received my VZW iPhone

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I finally got everything up and running after talking to four Verizon reps (only one of which knew anything) and an apple rep. I LOVE this phone. The retina display is to die for. May become a permanent iPhone user....but I also said the same thing about blackberry and I ditched them after a year and a half :p

jgurnett#CB

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm very late to this party as I just joined the site...I'm an Androidcentral convert so bare with me. But, to update, I received my iPhone 4 on 2/7 and it was dropped off to my desk by 9:30 am EST. Here is the UPS tracking # to prove it: 1Z1752842900605072. I know it doesn't show all the details as far as who sent it and all, but trust me on this one. This marks the first time that I can remember being up at 2:30 AM (preorder day) and not doing something that would land me in the clink!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Just ignore the spam. We delete it as fast as we can. Use the little triangle icon in a spam post to report it, and we can get to it faster, otherwise we'll get it the next pass through the forums.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just ignore the spam. We delete it as fast as we can. Use the little triangle icon in a spam post to report it, and we can get to it faster, otherwise we'll get it the next pass through the forums.

Curious, why do you have to wait 60 seconds between reporting Spam?

kingoftowns

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
ordered mine this morning and have been checking the site all day to see if it gets shipped today, ordered with overnight delivery at midnight so I am really hoping I get it tomorrow (2/10).

had to give up my 3GS when the company switched to Verizon and am sooooo happy I can go back to the iPhone. I have been using android for the last year and while I really like the phone and love digging around in Android (HTC Incredible running custom Gingerbread ROM) there are just some things that work better in iOS and damn the screen is amazing!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
ughhhh of course, this thread got invaded by spammers, how nice :(

Commenting on it doesn't help. As we discussed above, if you see spam, report it. I can usually get to it within a few minutes unless I'm sleeping, and I have a different sleep schedule than most of our other mods.

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at 9AM on Monday... Have my Droid Incredible setting aside for awhile. I've never held any iPhone before & as a Mac user of 22+ years was itching to get it. Very happy with the build quality (one reason I prefer Macs). :D

X

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
having issues activating. apparently my phone doesn't exist and verizon can't find it in their system. talked to a customer service rep, tech support, and now i'm waiting for apple customer service to get on line.

I felt like a goof. iTunes always has the "Logoff" option in the menu enabled so I thought I was logged on. Went through activating the phone, it activated but would not get off the "Accept" terms window in iTunes which kept me from setting up my phone. It was weird as the phone was activated and I was talking to a CSR on it but couldn't sync or do anything with iTunes. I finally realized that I did not sign into iTunes & off I went. Doh!

X

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I finally got everything up and running after talking to four Verizon reps (only one of which knew anything) and an apple rep. I LOVE this phone. The retina display is to die for. May become a permanent iPhone user....but I also said the same thing about blackberry and I ditched them after a year and a half :p

Kind of funny with these sites tied together. I started out on CrackBerry when I had my BB's, then to Android Central (keeping my Incredible) and now here. Other than the spam I'm trying to ignore, I'm sure TiPb will be another good place to swap help amongst each other. ;)

X

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you going to jailbreak it with greenpois0n?

Personally, since my Droid Incredible is rooted I'm trying VERY hard not to jailbreak my iPhone. Not sure of the benefits but I'm sure I'll learn of them (although I should avoid the topic if I'm going to try and keep myself from jailbreaking my iPhone). :)

X

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like the in-store demand today wasn't as great as verizon expected...anyone using the mobile hotspot feature?

Local news here in Oregon had a lot of people waiting in line but I too have seen reports (even tweets with photos from Verizon themselves) of little to no one at the VZW stores. But why focus on the negative, we have ours! :D

X

xwera43#IM

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey just becoming a member, glad to be in! I'm Lucy and I'm inspired by life, I'm a fan of working and being healthful :)

I've been involved in some other forums and have uncovered this spot to have significantly more desirable material, so it tends to make sense to finally submit!

PS, how do I make myself have a cool title like some people here have?

Hi Lucy,

Due to the spamming there is a minimum post count of 10 before you can access your User Control Panel (and this does not counts posts in the Off Topic section). It was in the signup e-mail you received after you validated your account (at the very bottom & easily overlooked).

Enjoy!

X

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro