[Official] Received my VZW iPhone

dalema

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So, took me longer than I thought to get up an running on the new iPhone as I had to switch it from the line I upgraded to my wife's line. After activating the iPhone on itunes, reactivating my old blackberry on my main line, then when I tried to transfer the iPhone to my wife's number it got all confused and ask me to call customer service (something about an invalid MEID - which it wasn't).

So I called customer service. It was pretty funny as I don't think she had a clue on what to try to get it to work. This was confirmed when she asked me to located the MEID - probably by pulling the battery out and looking underneath it. Well, welcome to Apple land my dear - no can do. She said - really?, then I'm not sure. I asked her if the number off the box would work :) She did eventually manage to get it up and running (but I don't think she quite knew how she did it).

Anyway, my new theory is that this pre-release was so they could experiment on us loyal Verizon customers who will go through anything to get this iPhone - to make sure they are ready for all their new customers.

All in all - I'm impressed. A bit annoying what I had to do, but that's the price to pay for upgrading a different line (thankyou Verizon!!) and switching it to another line. Pretty painless and as always the customer service was pleasant (if not a bit confused in these early stages).

Way to go Verizon!

Seymour324

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Got my ViPhone at 2:28 pm est literally 2 mins before I left for my accounting class. Went right upstairs and started activating and downloading apps and games and ended up missing class completely. It was well worth it the more I use this phone the more I love it. This blows my droid x out of the water.

snakeye28

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
So FedEx updated my status while I was out running errands. I checked and saw it said out for delivery soo, i raced back home only to find out i missed the delivery by 2 min. Now I have to wait until 5 to pick it up...

And i got it! FedEx rep got a kick out of me signing "Thank You" Instead of my name :eek:

theswami

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
UPS delivered it to the receiving dock at my office before 11 am. The mail person delivered it by 3 pm and I immediately put it on the charger. I didn't get home to activate it until 7 pm.

jms16g

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I was supposed to get mine by 3 PM 2/7, so when I left to pick up my son from pre-school at 11:30 I wasn't too worried about missing the FedEx delivery...but thought I'd leave a note just in case. Good thing I did because when I got home it was there!!

pharmgator

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
2/7 estimated delivery time 430pm---no phone. FedEx CS told me delivery time pushed back to 6PM---no phone. Local FedEx office closes at 7PM. I haul butt up to the office, and there are like 30 people (Gainesville FL population around 100,000) standing around the door. I lol and go put my name on the list. I wait for about 30 minutes, then finally iPhone4...woot woot.

All in all Verizon did an outsanding job on the pre-order. Props to FedEx for getting out so many packages the way they did too (CS told me that Verizon shipped them over 26,000 iPhones for overnight delivery).

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
having issues activating. apparently my phone doesn't exist and verizon can't find it in their system. talked to a customer service rep, tech support, and now i'm waiting for apple customer service to get on line.

Fanastasia

Banned
Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I picked up my iPhone yesterday from the local FedEx at 5:00 PM CST. I worked from home yesterday and waited all day for FedEx which was supposed to be delivered by 3 PM. By 4 PM, I got a little bit suspicious because my status on my package never changed to out to delivery. I know FedEx tracking updates are lagging but not a 8 hour lag. So I called FedEx kept getting an error when I called. I guessing they were dealing with a high volume of calls. Couple minutes later, I called back. And got through I told customer representative and I hadn't received my package yet. And I was told that the driver never attempted to delivery package because of the "bad weather" LOL. Sunny High 53?F yesterday. Not a piece of ice or snow in sight. Just leftover sand on the roads from our winter storm last week. I was thinking maybe the FedEx driver got his Verizon iPhone yesterday and just took off the day. I was mad because if I knew that they wasn't going to deliver than I would had picked up my package earlier the local FedEx is just across the street from me. Usually I like FedEx delivery better than UPS but they #failed yesterday.

glercara

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Finally joined the party today. Currently updating to IOS 4.2.6 (taking a LONG time to download). Then, on to my music. All my Apps are loaded and nealty organized into folders.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Im late to the party because ive been drooling all over my new iPhone but I received it today and its glorious!!! Amazing product! So happy to join the tipb family officially.

P.S. Jailbroken first try ;)

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Uh... if your talking about getting pirated/cracked apps then that would be a negative. Also, not being an a$$, but you might want to be careful about talking about that on here. Here at TiPB, pirating is definitely not supported. Loving the jailbreak though. Loading it up as we speak!!!

Nebulosity

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Looks like this thread has been taken over, but I just got my iPhone and I'm loving every inch of it. I do have an iPod Touch 4th gen and an iPad so I'm very used to iOS but this is my first iPhone. I love it so much, already done a couple calls and a bunch of texts. Setting up all my accounts thru things like Twitter and Evernote now. So happy with it! :)

Nytngale

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my iPhone last nite (2/7) at about 715 from the local FedEx depot and have been playing with it ever since. I am so worried I am going to scratch that beautiful screen! I love this phone - it has definitely been worth the wait for this loyal Verizon customer.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73