How Much Music are you putting on your iPhone?

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a pretty big library of music. Around 17 Gigs of it...I'm just curious how much music are people going to place on their iphone, if any at all? I may just put a little on it when I get it tomorrow...couple gigs maybe....
I'm getting the 32 Gig...but I've never had an iphone before and coming from the storm 2...I have no idea how music and apps affect the speed and battery of my new phone. Thoughts?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The amount of music and apps on the phone don't affect the battery life or speed. That isn't how memory works. :p

As for me, about 3 gigs on the 32GB I will be getting.

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I'll be throwing on about 9gigs of only music and about 10 in video (Had a 30gb IPOD Classic). I have friends who have the ATT version of the iphone that state battery life is good when hearing only music because the display will dim conserving battery life. Speed will really stay the same as long as you don't have too many apps running at the same time. The only time battery life gets bad is when watching videos.

Jon Seals

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the 32GB for this exact reason. I'm going to have at least 15GB in music alone, who knows where that will be after all my apps, pictures, and HD videos are on there?
As for battery life, music doesn't kill it much at all, especially if you lock it while you're playing it.
The iPhone 4 actually has outstanding battery life, so you shouldn't really worry. You're fine.

Fanastasia

Banned
Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have almost 92 GB of music. About 20 Music videos and 36 movies and a lot of TV shows. So I will probably about 2 or 3 GB of music, put a few of my favorite music videos, movies and TV shows. I definitely will convert my music to 128kbps so that I can fit more on iPhone 4. I have also almost completely filled my iPod Classic (160 GB). I have about 12 GB left on it and that's after converting all my music to 128 kbps all my music. I also want to make sure that there is a enough room for apps, updates, photos, video recording, text messages, email and whatever else that takes up space on the iphone.

Last edited:

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have 23g of music on my 32g IP4 and still have enough room for 163 apps and 2 movies in HD. space has never been an issue for me.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This will be tricky for me . . I have over 100g of music on my iTunes and will have to be selective on what to put on my iPhone.

Question for current iPhone owners:
Can I create a playlist now, name it "iPhone music" and sync/transfer that playlist onto the iPhone when I get it?

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have about 11gb of music and almost 5 gb of apps on my iPod touch 4. I have several playlists in iTunes that I'm expecting to sync right to my 32 gb iPhone.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have 9.35GBs of music, and it's all going on my iPhone. I have to be selective with the movies though, because I have tons of those.

Martog

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This will be tricky for me . . I have over 100g of music on my iTunes and will have to be selective on what to put on my iPhone.

Question for current iPhone owners:
Can I create a playlist now, name it "iPhone music" and sync/transfer that playlist onto the iPhone when I get it?

Yes you can, I have an iPod Touch and only sync certain playlists with it. You don't have to sync the entire library, but you can also do more than one playlist as well.

I have 7.9GB on my iPod touch and might be putting more on my iPhone 32GB, or putting movies/tv shows on as well. I have 1.36GB in apps right now as well. My current music library is 12.5GB, but my music is also mostly Apple Lossless, I could convert to 128k when it gets put on but I have the space for now. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: shinbone

Mossberg

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have over 35 GB on my iPod Classic 80GB right now, so I'll be converting all my 320 bitrate songs to 128 to fit. I'll probably go through my library and delete certain songs as well. It will be a tight fit with apps installed. I may have to go with a cloud-based gps app like garmin due to space reasons.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods