Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Default Blackberry Storm typing to Iphone typing- Ready?

I had the first blackberry storm when it first came out Dec 08, then October 09 i got the storm 2 and i have had it since. I love the typing on it. I am so fast and love it. But i am sick of BB and the slow internet and want to go for the iphone. How do you think it will be to learn how to type on the iphone? I have the ipod touch and i try typing on that and its not too bad but what do you guys think? Anyone else going from storm 2 to iphone?
    iPhone Intermediate

the iphone is really easy to type on.
    iPhone Newbie

I also have the BB Storm 2. I like typing on the iPhone. It's very persise and accurate. The storm click screen it the worse creation and is the worse for speed. I can not wait to switch phone. Rim really messed things up with the storm. They never gave a crap about the consumer. There upgrade are the worse and the latest was crappy. I can't believe they made the os 6 and refused to include storm users. By far, the curve was Rims best and they messed that up with the os. Anyway, good luck and enjoy the new typing on the iPhone...
    iMore Intermediate

I've had the S1 since release and just pre-ordered the iPhone4, I went skiing and to Vegas with my friends and I was playing around with his iPhone and it seems like a pretty seamless transition, not too much to get used to just dont push too hard on the screen waiting for it to click. I don't aniticipate any problems and only give myself a week or so as my learning curve
    iPhone Newbie

blackberry is old technology get with the program. i had the storm and the tour and hated both of them
    Thanked by:
    shipwrestler125 (02-06-2011)
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Mattproof View Post
    blackberry is old technology get with the program. i had the storm and the tour and hated both of them
    I think we are all GETTING with the program since we have stated we had bb and now moved on to iPhone4
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've used both. iPhone is much easier and quicker.
    iPhone Newbie

yea it went from tour to og droid to droid x i am so sick of android and bored of it.. only thing that will be missed is google maps

Quote Originally Posted by ZOFOURTWENTY View Post
    I think we are all GETTING with the program since we have stated we had bb and now moved on to iPhone4
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Its weird, i am looking foward to the iphone but i honestly loved typing on the storm 2. i really got used to it. the phone drives me crazy, when i open a BBM it takes 15 sec to actually open and sometimes when i type its laggy but i am sure i will get used to the iphone. Blackberry did blow it. The storm had potential but they forget about it and let it be. I didnt even download the latest upgrade.
    iPhone Newbie

I have had a Storm 1 since launch day, and type pretty well on it. I have this nightmare of cracking my iPhone screen trying pressing it in to click.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glorman View Post
    I have had a Storm 1 since launch day, and type pretty well on it. I have this nightmare of cracking my iPhone screen trying pressing it in to click.
    hahaha i know. i am so used to clicking. its going to be really weird and no more bbm

thats the only thing keeping people on there blackberrys is BBM
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

I am moving from the storm2 to iPhone...don't expect a difficult transition, I was using my iPod touch for my email for the two weeks that rim email and data was down in the west. Actually, I think it will be easier on my thumbs, perhaps I won't develop arthritis at a later age, lol!
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

I also had both and it was miserable using these to try and get on the internet and lag was crazy
    iPhone Intermediate

yea it went from tour to og droid to droid x i am so sick of android and bored of it.. only thing that will be missed is google maps
    Completely agree, I did the same thing you did (Tour to Droid to X) Google Maps is absolutely amazing though and I will miss that, hope I can find a comparable app that isn't $30..
     Verizon iPhone 5 16GB / iPad 2 / MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 GHz (2010) 
    iPhone Nanite

I can't wait to get rid of this storm2. I've hijacked my sister's iphone for the weekend. Seems like a smooth transition.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

SureType on the BB is the ONLY thing I will miss about that phone. Does iPhone have a similar option?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,021 Global Posts

I had the storm 1 and went to the OG Droid. I agree typing on the Storm was easier, but it was an easy transition to a screen with no movement. Don't worry.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

In preparation of getting the iPhone 4 on VZW. I just literally sold my Blackberry Storm 2 on craigslist...not bad...I got $80 bucks for it. I had it since day 1 when it was released. So, I'm happy. Not happy with the garbage LG Envy 2 that I'm using for today and partly tomorrow until the iPhone arrives. I liked the typing on the BB S2 as well. Hope its as good or better on the iPhone.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

yeah thats probably my biggest concern. im a wiz when typing on the storm 2. s
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VZiPhoneFinally View Post
    Completely agree, I did the same thing you did (Tour to Droid to X) Google Maps is absolutely amazing though and I will miss that, hope I can find a comparable app that isn't $30..
    The iPhone comes with Google Maps pre-installed.
    32 GB iPhone4 MacBook Pro MacMini iPad 3
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry2iphone View Post
    Its weird, i am looking foward to the iphone but i honestly loved typing on the storm 2. i really got used to it. the phone drives me crazy, when i open a BBM it takes 15 sec to actually open and sometimes when i type its laggy but i am sure i will get used to the iphone. Blackberry did blow it. The storm had potential but they forget about it and let it be. I didnt even download the latest upgrade.
    I downloaded .1041 in hopes that it would fix the lag in BBM and SMS but to no avail, OS 5.0 just straight up blows
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I'm currently using a Storm 2 and the only thing I will miss is being able to capitalize by just holding the letter longer. I have been using my iPod touch for a while and like typing on it just as well as my BB.
    32g ViP: February 7, 2011 8:32am CST
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by joekawasaki View Post
    The iPhone comes with Google Maps pre-installed.
    Yeah but you don't get the same turn by turn directions that Android offers.
     Verizon iPhone 5 16GB / iPad 2 / MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 GHz (2010) 
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry2iphone View Post
    hahaha i know. i am so used to clicking. its going to be really weird and no more bbm

thats the only thing keeping people on there blackberrys is BBM
    I agree with you, The BBM is pretty much the only reason why I kept my Storm 2.
  25. Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

I dont know what it is about BBM. but i love it. yet when i get a BBM and click on it, it takes 15-20 sec to actually open the conversation. drives me crazy.. But i love the typing and bbm. I know i will catch on to iphone, hopefully. But i love love love the fact i can have my ipod and phone in one. I never put music on storm, idk why just never did but with itunes on the phone i would be set and faster internet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast