Local FedEx Facility?

wolf_EJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So my iPhone is currently sitting at my local FedEx facility. Not 100% sure what that means but does anyone know what the chances of me being able to go to that facility today and just pick it up? Because if thats a possibility then there is no chance I'm not doing that.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
...does anyone know what the chances of me being able to go to that facility today and just pick it up?

none to slim. In that order.

"At local facility" means it's in a distribution center that services your zipcode... the only line to really get excited about on the tracking is "out for delivery" - which means its on a truck in town where you are.

wolf_EJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
none to slim. In that order.

"At local facility" means it's in a distribution center that services your zipcode... the only line to really get excited about on the tracking is "out for delivery" - which means its on a truck in town where you are.

This is what I figured. I just thought I'd ask on here before making a phone call.

jdragione

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I used to work at the FexEx sorting facility where it says my iPhone currently is...

Feb 5, 2011 7:46 PM
At dest sort facility
ELIZABETH, NJ

This is a huge factory and the phone is on the truck that is going to go out in my area tomorrow to do deliveries. There is NO WAY to go there and pick it up.

Come on people, I know its exciting, but you can wait another 24 hours. Relax and watch some hockey on NBC today and the superbowl tonight!

wolf_EJ

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't at a sort facility:

On Schedule

Initiated Picked up In transit Delivered
At local FedEx facility
GRAND RAPIDS, MI
Shipment Dates
Ship date Feb 4, 2011
Estimated delivery Feb 7, 2011 by 3:00 PM
Destination
ALLENDALE, MI

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can pick it up because they cant stop you from picking up your own package, thats just dumb. Try taking some ID and proof and convince them hard enough.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can pick it up because they cant stop you from picking up your own package, thats just dumb. Try taking some ID and proof and convince them hard enough.

The ID thing will only fly if they've tried to deliver once, and only at the facility noted on the attempted delivery notice. Why? It's called liability. Their processes an procedures are designed to keep them from getting sued.

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The ID thing will only fly if they've tried to deliver once, and only at the facility noted on the attempted delivery notice. Why? It's called liability. Their processes an procedures are designed to keep them from getting sued.

That's just plain horrible. If you give a whole lot of proof to show that its your package they should give it to you. How are they even going to get sued if you show them proof that its your package? Whoever's name is on the package is the one that should come and pick it up and stuff.

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what time the FedEx trucks leave for delivery in the morning? Mine says expected tomorrow by 4:30pm so I am thinking I won't get it in the morning but just want to make sure I am awake anyway!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
They leave whenever they need to to be at the first stop on their route after 8AM. Depending on your driver's route, and if he or she has any "by 10:30am" packages which get delivered first... if you are between two of those "by10:30" stops - you might get yours before then, but I'm guessing after 10:30am... I'll be available after 8AM. :)

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
They leave whenever they need to to be at the first stop on their route after 8AM. Depending on your driver's route, and if he or she has any "by 10:30am" packages which get delivered first... if you are between two of those "by10:30" stops - you might get yours before then, but I'm guessing after 10:30am... I'll be available after 8AM. :)

Yeah, I have class at 3:30 so I am hoping I get it before 3! I will be waiting by the door at 8am though!

Nytngale

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I won't be home to sign for mine in the morning since I have to be at work. Will have to go to the local FedEx depot tomorrow nite to pick it up - that is if it actually gets here tomorrow like it is supposed to per my tracking number. It is gonna be a long 24+ hours!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I won't be home to sign for mine in the morning since I have to be at work. Will have to go to the local FedEx depot tomorrow nite to pick it up - that is if it actually gets here tomorrow like it is supposed to per my tracking number. It is gonna be a long 24+ hours!

You will get a door tag and you call the number on that. Tell them to hold it and they will say "Ok, come here after X:XXPM and pick it up".

Nytngale

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
You will get a door tag and you call the number on that. Tell them to hold it and they will say "Ok, come here after X:XXPM and pick it up".

My delivery guy is always great and simply writes on the slip "available for pickup after xxxx". I have never had to call - makes it easy!

b51

Oct 26, 2008
Visit site
Does anybody know if it's possible to call Fed Ex and change to destination address? I remember reading earlier someone saying that they were able to do it with UPS...

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have class at 3:30 so I am hoping I get it before 3! I will be waiting by the door at 8am though!

lucky. I have class at 9 to 11 and then again at 1 to 3pm I hope I get it in that hour and a half I get to be home between classes. And Fedex and UPS don't usually come until the afternoons at my house. :/

aggieastrosfan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't drop my son off at school, which is 5 minutes away, until 8 am. I am going to cry if I miss the delivery driver in those 5 minutes when he never shows up that early!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro