gdubmedia#IM

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So I'm switching from an Epic on Sprint to an iPhone on VZW. All you people who have had experience with iPhones, what would be the best size to get? I have a good list of apps (including a ton of music creation apps) I have planned for DL, plus a massive contact list, lost of emails, and I also plan on using it for music all the time (yes...my battery is gonna be shot).

So...should I go with the 16 or the 32? Do the apps, contacts, etc, take up a ton of space? If it was for music only, a 16 would do well for me, but I don't want to have to sacrifice my music space for other things.

Thanks!!

tcoche

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I would say just get the 32. I got the 32 instead of the 16 cuz you never how many videos, pics, music, digital copy movies, shows or what you're gonna end up putting on there. IMO get the 32 :cool:

edit: I also opted for the 32 cuz I have about 15 gigs in music alone. :D

gdubmedia#IM

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. So...I'll go with the 32 then. :) I figured I would go for that one, but I'd rather save the extra 100 if I could. Goin through a divorce is expensive. ha ha

MrsStraty

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I got the 16g because my music only takes up 800MB and I hardly even listen to it anyhows! I will have a lot of pictures but the pictures I have now only take up less than a gb so I'm safe with the 16gb. If I come near it ill just transfer my pics to my laptop because my potential pictures will probably be the only thing that gets me close to 16gb. Glad I was able to save 100 bucks!

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Someone else asked this question back before they started taking pre-orders (seems like forever ago, right?). Anyways, there is some pretty good discussion there. Here is a link, and heres what I had to say...

http://forum.tipb.com/verizon-iphone-forum/205218-16-32gb.html

"I absolutely recommend the 32gb version. I currently have a 32gb iPod touch (and will be giving it to the misses as soon as my ViP arrives) and am really glad that I didn't just settle for the 16gb. When you get your iPhone you are going to want to throw every stupid song you have ever liked on it. Your going to stuff movies on there for the long drives/flights that we all experience, and you are going to beat the brakes off of the App Store whether you think so or not and apps do take up a lot of space if you keep all the ones that you download. Plus, think about it this way; if you get the 32gb version you wont have to constantly police your memory to make sure that you have enough on there for something. You can put however much of whatever you want and just do a regular clean up every now and then by deleting the junk you dont use as often as you thought you would. Its definitely worth it on the back end in my opinion. Hope that helps."

p.s. Sorry to hear about the whole divorce thing. Hope that goes as smoothly as possible for you. :)

MrsStraty

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I definitely WON'T have movies on my phone as I can't stand to watch movies on a small screen! I will only have my 800mb of music and pictures on mine and a few aps. So far my itunes says only 2gb with the aps I want and music! I can't think of anything else I would want on my PHONE! I do have a laptop for other more larger things! 16gb will suit me fine.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
My 16GB Ipad...

2.7GB Audio
1.38GB Video
0.99GB Photos
7.2GB Apps
0.34GB Other
1.52GB Free

I find that I can't carry all my music without having to get rid of some of the more fun games. Most of those games are iPhone games, with a couple iPad HD Games. I also find that I have to *constantly* switch stuff out to make room for the next App I want to download with any size.

Obviously, after this experience, I'm splurging on the 32GB iPhone (especially since with AirView, I should be able to play/view media that is on the iPhone from the iPad).

The short answer is, buy 32GB. The long answer is, if you have no desire to install games apps on your iPhone, you would probably do pretty ok with a 16GB.

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have my 64 GB itouch completely filled with music. So I got the 32 GB. Created a new itunes library and am picking only albums I listen to the most to put on my iPhone. I wouldn't be able to stand a 16 GB iPhone.

kmc979

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
16GB

i currently have a 16GB ipod touch that is half full, about 7 GB of it is my itunes library that i never listen to on it anyway (i use my shuffle for listening to music). it is packed with a lot of apps and my current memory card on my blackberry tour is a 2GB card that is maybe 1/4 full with a ton of pictures and movies. so i saved myself $100 and got the 16GB phone. if i find it is getting full i'm sure there will be a ton of apps i will be able to delete that i never use. heck all i mainly use is angry birds, bejeweled and chuzzle anyway lol.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the 16 gb. I have less than 2gb of music and I'm not going to download that many apps and if i need to I can always delete some. I also have an ipod so I might not even put the music onto my phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2