Who is going to put a screen protector on their iPhone?

ChemikalAjent

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Does it have that much of an affect on the retina display? I'm just scared of scratching it if I put it in my pocket or something. What is everyone's thoughts?:)

mkm

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Does it have that much of an affect on the retina display? I'm just scared of scratching it if I put it in my pocket or something. What is everyone's thoughts?:)

I am. I don't really care if it affects the retina display...I have easily scratched other phones and do not want to see my beloved iPhone looking like a POS

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I had some bad luck with my iPad. I had it 3 days and found a whole series of fine scratches on the screen so I immediately put a screen protector (Zagg) on it. I already ordered (and received) one for my iPhone. I figure any impact to the crispness of the display would be far less than my frustration at finding scratches!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
#8 will TRY it and if it affects performance in any way it is coming off. From what I hear the glass on these phones is similar to sapphire and being into high-end watches (see avatar) I can tell you how scratch resistant that can be.

mcforan23

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I received my bodyguardz dry apply the other day in the mail, now I just need my iphone to cross the pacific and the continental us. Gosh tuesday needs to get here

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I used a screen protector on the original iPhone and after that I never used one and never have I scratched a single iPhone. Granted I am more careful than most but in my opinion screen protectors take away a lot.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the 2G, 3g, 3GS and almost all the droids with their gorilla glass. Never had a screen protector and never had a scratch.

IMO... if you are even half-way careful, you dont really need one. Again, only MO.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone glass is very scratch resistant. Not as easily scratched as many other devices. I will say though that any touch screen device should have some kind of clear screen protector put on it. Not only to protect from scratches but in the event that the device dropped, it has a lesser chance of shattering because the protector on there holds the glass together. It's like trying to shatter a car window that has tint on it. It can be done but not as easy as one without tint. My local mall has a kiosk that sells and installs something similar to a zagg invisible shield. I will get them to put one on the front as I had with my other iPhones.

Last thing I wanted to add is that a good screen protector or shield will not hold grease from your hand as much which makes sure the display responsiveness is at it's best. Not sure about others but it always feel smoother when a protector is on there.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my 3Gs & also put one on my iPhone 4. To me it was taking away from the beautiful retnia display so I took it off. It was the invisible shield so I tried a clear screen protector but it still took away from one of the phones greatest assets.

If you put one on every time you see one without one you'll know how much it takes away.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my 3Gs & also put one on my iPhone 4. To me it was taking away from the beautiful retnia display so I took it off. It was the invisible shield so I tried a clear screen protector but it still took away from one of the phones greatest assets.

If you put one on every time you see one without one you'll know how much it takes away.

When you get a real good one you can't even tell it's on the phone. Invisible shield will always be able to tell because of the material but all of the screen protectors I ever used, once applied correctly you can't tell there's one on it.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The power support crystal ones are supposed to be completely see through. Check youtube for some videos to see how you can't tell the difference between a phone with and without it. I've already received mine from Amazon, just waiting to apply!

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I will not be putting a screen protector on it. I have for my Droid X and my old LG Dare but I don't think I ever really needed it. The Retina display is one of the reasons I am buying the iPhone and do not want to diminish that.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Best of the best, SGP CDMA Verizon iPhone 4 Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series does not affect the best display in the smartphone market.
:D
ultra_steinheil_top_2.jpg

FYI- Had the Zagg Shield, turned the Retina Display into a fogged mirror..:mad:, SGP Ultra Crystal are sooo much nicer and easier to install. ;)

Last edited:

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have mine already - just waiting for the phone to apply it to. I have always had one on my first gen iPod touch, and have replaced the protector several times since October 2007. When I take them off to replace, the screen is as good as new.

I used to use the anti-glare, but the invisible/clear ones are much better.