My horror Story

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I was in awe when the preorder site went up just a little early, and I had my order put in before 3:05EST. I then laid down for the evening. I woke up to the most horrible thing, something was amiss with my initial order. After a few phone calls I was advised to reorder, my second order went in a full 12 hours after ordering began. So I had a bit of bad luck, I'm sure I am not the only one. What makes it so bad, is knowing that I would likely have my shipping information if my first order had been good. Now all the website will tell me is: Orders received today will deliver by 02/10/2011. It only updated to that sometime yesterday evening. *611 Knows nothing about my order. I have full faith that I will get my phone by the 10th, but I'm seriously jealous of those of you who have some idea where their phone actually is. I'm sure, for those of you who do have such information, it is both a blessing and a curse.

e_t

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
You had a bad experience with VZW!? I'M SHOCKED!

Not really. Quite a few of us had a less than ideal experience with VZW recently.

Asunners

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain. While I was able to successfully order prior to 3am, I am still waiting for any shipping info. Calls to 611 result in the canned CSR platitudes - yes we see your order and you will get it on the 10th. I'm sure i'll get the phone (and hopefully early), but I would rather have a tracking number showing delivery on the 10th than having nothing as I do now.

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
good thing you noticed before the pre-order closed....that would have been a REAL horror story!

Good point, I suppose I could be much worse off. However, if I do not get mine until the 10th, all the hassle was for nothing. I could easily be in store on the 10th at 7:00AM. I can guarantee I will not see fedex or ups until much later in the day, likely 5PM.

e_t

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
You had a bad experience with VZW!? I'M SHOCKED!

Not really. Quite a few of us had a less than ideal experience with VZW recently.

I love how you've made such a big deal out of a delayed e-mail with your tracking information. Your phone shipped just as quickly as everyone else's and you'll get it at the same time as all of the people who ordered through Verizon. Who cares if you have an order number of 8? Get off your high horse.

occb2

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Let me tell you my horror story. It happen right before Christmas. I was up for an upgrade. I walked into my local Verizon corp store. My wife wanted the droid X. I had the regular droid.

I have an ATT phone for work. So the salesman tells me about the droid 2 Global. Tells me that I can get Global to unlock it and use the ATT sim in there and when ever I wanted to use it just change it to GSM.

I thought that it was a great idea. So. I brought it. Now I get home. Call Global. After about 20 mins and speaking to a Mng. they give me the unlock code. Screen said unlock successful. I put my att sim in and no luck.

I call back the Global team. I get this young woman who called me ignorant twice. I asked her what the F%^& did she say. She said it again. I told her to cancel all 4 of my lines. I felt that paying over $240 dollars a month that she should speak to me better. She refused to cancel my lines and hung up on me.

That same day I went to ATT and switched all my lines.

3 days later I get a call from Verizon. They offered me 400 more min?s a month if I came back. I told them what happen to me and that I would not return.

3 weeks later I get a call from a Mng. in the retention team. He stated that he had reviewed the tape of the conversation. He stated that he was very sorry and asked me to hear him out. He stated that they were giving me 2100 min?s a month. Unlimited data on each line for $10 dollars a month. All 4 lines. They waived the $10 dollar a month extra line fee. All for 174 dollars a month after taxes.

I told them that I had sold all my phones. They said no problem. I got one droid X for $199 with a $100 dollar rebate. Then $99 dollars each other droid X's and a $100 dollar rebate for each one of those.

I had to take that deal.

Just the unlimited data X 4 is $120. I am getting it for $40 dollars.

After I got everything, I heard that the Iphone was coming out. I told them that I wanted to return my droid X that I only had for two weeks. I paid $40 bucks restocking fee. They allowed me to upgrade. When I looked at my account they put upgrades on 3 lines. All my lines but my wife show that I can upgrade.

When I logged on the link it shows three lines to upgrade. How cool is that.

The point to the story is that after 9 years I got a real ass on the phone causing me to drop Verizon. They made good in my eyes.

Thanks Verizon. Monday I will be the happiest person.......

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
here is the issue I had. I pre-ordered like everyone else on the 3rd but for some reason, unbeknownst to me my CC was declined and I was sent an email telling me to call them within 3 days to setup alternative way to pay. I called them back and gave them my CC info to pay for theiPhone4, I got my 32GB for 293 after taxes and all. I was then informed that I was not an account manager and that they would have to speak to an account manager to finalize the transaction. I told them that they never asked for the account manager when I have been making my monthly payments for the last 9 years, of course no response from VZW rep. It turns out when I had got my line with my Dad many years ago he was the original account owner. They refuse to rleease the account to me even though I have been an account manager for many years now. They want a written letter from my Dad stating that he is authorizing me to take over the account, I have done this on 2 occassions and they have yet to figure out how to turn the account over to me. While on the phone with this rep they told me they couldn't accept my payment for the iPhone4 without consent from my Dad, I was able to go into myverizon account and make myself an account manager and I finally got everything resolved. It's alot easier to make myself an account manager (for the umpteenth time) than to go through with the process of requesting the account be turned over to me. The rep then asked me how have I upgraded my phone in the past and I told them just walk into the store and ipgrade like I always have done but for some reason for the iPhone4 I was no longer an account manager but I got that sorted out. But now he's the real nightmare part, the rep told me that there is no tracking # available to me since my payment went through after the pre-order process and that I can expect delivery of my iPhone on the 11th around noon. I asked him what was the advantage of ordering through the pre-order process as opposed to walking into a store on the 10th and picking one up then, he told me that iPhone4's wuld not be avaialble in store on the 10th, I asked him if he knew what he was talking about and he said he was reading it verbatim on the communicatuion they gave him. This is why I hate VZW, they are such idiots and can never get anything right, misinformation and different info from different reps, you never know who to believe. So when I check my order status it says my 16 digit conf number is invalid but that number re-directs to an internal order number which shows my device will ship along with all other iphones on the 10th and arrive on the 11th...I wanted to punch this dude in the face, so now I have to wait and see what happens...so pissed right now at VZW. I will call back monday morning and see if I can speak to a different rep and get some proper info regarding my order status

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2