Anyone ever heard of Apple hiring security at fedex or ups for a launch?

buckeyegoose

Banned
Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Why would Apple hire security at EVERY Fedex AND UPS location around the country? That would be quite expensive if you would ask me, not to mention.people have called and Fedex said there is no hold on the items. And even with all them arriving Monday, thats solid enough as they want them delivered then. If they wanted to hold them back until the tenth, they would have just simply not shipped them.

Looks like the author of the article is Angry that they are still on AT&T if you ask me :)

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm sure apple is hiring security personnel because of this launch. So, FedEx gets extra security at it's locations only when an iPhone is shipped? God help the other BILLIONS of packages that they handle, they are in grave danger I suppose.

(Btw, the anagram of that site name is "Lie" mobile.)

buckeyegoose

Banned
Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Why would Apple hire security at EVERY Fedex AND UPS location around the country? That would be quite expensive if you would ask me, not to mention.people have called and Fedex said there is no hold on the items. And even with all them arriving Monday, thats solid enough as they want them delivered then. If they wanted to hold them back until the tenth, they would have just simply not shipped them.

Looks like the author of the article is Angry that they are still on AT&T if you ask me :)

i was referring to memphis for fedex and louisville for ups, imagine a semi truck full of iphones going "missing"

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I will be shocked if we don't get our iPhones as noted on the UPS or FedEx delivery tracking pages---Monday or Tuesday for most.

As joekawasaki said, the article was written by a 17-year-old. This kid claims to be an "expert" at many things, including reporting (and being an "executive" :rolleyes: ). I don't think so. He based his "story" on no facts whatsoever, just that it has happened before so he wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

The headline was written to grab the attention of those of us who are looking for any and all information so traffic to his little Web-site increases and maybe some people will register.

Definitely false.

aviationwiz

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i was referring to memphis for fedex and louisville for ups, imagine a semi truck full of iphones going "missing"

UPS and FedEx aren't small one-off operations that handle a couple packages a year. They have security in place at each and every facility to minimize and prevent shrinkage. They can handle a couple of extra not that valuable packages over this time-frame.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I cant see apple or verizon spending money for that they care too much about making every possible cent they can so this doesnt seem like it would happen.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73