Phone Come Monday && Tuesday But. . .

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
A rumor that has been going on for a while. Now, honestly, can you see thousands of people getting their brand new phone, opening it up and not being able to use it for days? Can you say PR NIGHTMARE?

wboyle3

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If people are able to use test models to do reviews then why couldn't we activate...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rsd36

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Naaaa... don't beleive it. But if that is the case, then they are fulfilling their promise of the 10th. At least I don't have to wait in line at the V store come the 10th.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon say they will come but cant activate into the 10th,
do you believe?

No, I don't believe because it's bovine squeeze.

Probably a rumor started by an fanboi of AT&T or Droids just to get people worked up over nothing.

Besides, Verizon' systems are going to be taxed enough on launch day with people buying in stores - do you think they'd be stupid enough to make it worse by not allowing pre-orders to not activate when they get their phones :confused:

Devinfowlkes15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Probably a rumor started by an fanboi of AT&T or Droids just to get people worked up over nothing.

Besides, Verizon' systems are going to be taxed enough on launch day with people buying in stores - do you think they'd be stupid enough to make it worse by not allowing pre-orders to not activate when they get their phones :confused:[/QUOT]

but think about this. your iphone come on monday, you have a problem with it such as getting you contacts (anything) if you call verizon they might be like sorry we are no able to help you

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Besides, Verizon' systems are going to be taxed enough on launch day with people buying in stores - do you think they'd be stupid enough to make it worse by not allowing pre-orders to not activate when they get their phones :confused:[/QUOT]

but think about this. your iphone come on monday, you have a problem with it such as getting you contacts (anything) if you call verizon they might be like sorry we are no able to help you

I'd have no doubt that you could call VZW on the 15th and you'd get a rep that would say "I'm sorry sir, the iPhone is only on AT&T, but would you like to buy a Droid X?" Yeah, that's how bad they've been.

Uplink

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

But an iPhone won't have problems ;) But all Verizon employees should have had the iPhone training... even if it's not release day, they should know that stuff.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Plus, since I bet half of these first iPhones are from a feature phone, earlier access to higher fees!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

If it's already activated then the person should go to apple for any issues. I would advise anyone who is having issues go to Apple for anything besides insurance related issues. But for technical or troubleshooting, go to apple.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I for one would believe this IF iTunes had not already been updated to support the CDMA iPhone. Since it has? I think we get it, we can activate it.

And I would also go right to Apple for any support issues. You can even call them in your first 90 days (or 2 years if you buy Apple Care). They don't care where you bought it, heck, they don't even care IF you bought it or got it as a door prize, they will help you. It is one of their products. You can make an appointment for the Genius Bar prior to going in to a store, which I HIGHLY recommend. There will be lines and wait, especially during peak times.

Easiest way to make an appointment is to visit:

Apple Retail Store

Find your store, select it, then on the store's page, click "Make a reservation"

This can also be done from your iPhone. Yes, there's an app for that.

Apple Store for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative