Policy on billing?

juniorfan

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the policy on billing for the pre-orders was?

I was under the impression that they weren't going to bill you until it shipped. (keep reading) So I planned financially for my money to come out on the 9th.

So I was actually very unprepared (and kind of embarrassed) in a situation on Thursday because I though I had $200+ extra dollars. I called Verizon and they said they were under the impression it was billing on the 9th too, but maybe it changed. I didn't make a big deal about it because in the back of my head I was hoping it meant early deliveries.

But, in case these phones do get placed on hold at the shipping carriers, what was the policy, if there was one, and does anyone have any proof? Because I plan on making a stink if the policy was billed when shipped and I got billed early so they could wait in a warehouse because that's how they handle business.

Or maybe I was just wrong about the billing. Anyway, input would be appreciated.

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
My credit card still says pending...it even says pending for the accessories I ordered separately that have already arrived....

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what the policy on billing for the pre-orders was?

I was under the impression that they weren't going to bill you until it shipped. (keep reading) So I planned financially for my money to come out on the 9th.

So I was actually very unprepared (and kind of embarrassed) in a situation on Thursday because I though I had $200+ extra dollars. I called Verizon and they said they were under the impression it was billing on the 9th too, but maybe it changed. I didn't make a big deal about it because in the back of my head I was hoping it meant early deliveries.

But, in case these phones do get placed on hold at the shipping carriers, what was the policy, if there was one, and does anyone have any proof? Because I plan on making a stink if the policy was billed when shipped and I got billed early so they could wait in a warehouse because that's how they handle business.

Or maybe I was just wrong about the billing. Anyway, input would be appreciated.

The policy in the FAQ clearly states:

Do you anticipate high demand for iPhone 4?

Yes, iPhone 4 is expected to be in high demand. In the event that iPhone 4 is not available in stores after February 10, you can place your order in store and have the phone shipped directly to your billing address. Shipments will take place on a first come, first served basis. No billing will take place until shipments are made.

So I don't think any holds at the shippers facilities will be made.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine billed yesterday and I don't have a tracking #. The policy is they bill when they ship. I caller 611 and they say it is shipped. 2 biz days delivery. Even though no tracking # I am hopeful. You should try 611 and pick 4 then say order status.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

juniorfan

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Yes, iPhone 4 is expected to be in high demand. In the event that iPhone 4 is not available in stores after February 10, you can place your order in store and have the phone shipped directly to your billing address. Shipments will take place on a first come, first served basis. No billing will take place until shipments are made.

Great! That's what I wanted to hear.

If I thought I wasn't getting it until the 10th when I called to ask why I was billed on the 3rd I would've been a hard ass about it. But my thinking was let me not be the one idiot who calls and gets his bill delayed to the 10th and everyone gets there phone on Monday haha.

But the second it goes on hold I'm calling. I don't care about not getting it before release day, but don't faux ship it and have me billed earlier so it can sit there for the week.

EDIT: My status is shipped. I'm in NJ and so is my iPhone now. However I think when you get one day shipping, and it bills you on the 3rd so it can sit until the 10th, that is shady business and I won't be taking it happily. I don't care if you want to wait until the 10th, just don't have my money taken early in the way you do it.

fennerk1

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The money for mine was taken out of my account yesterday, although I still don't have tracking information. I called 611 this morning and it said it had no record of a recent purchase and I called again now and it says it is shipped and can be expected in 2 business days.

I agree, I don't mind them debiting my account if the phone is on its way here but I will feel frustrated if I don't get it because it is being held. From other poster's conversations with the UPS or Fedex workers, it seems like this is no hold tho so let's think positively! Good luck!

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Up until preorder I was told My ViP would be add to my next monthly bill, so I had to transfer money from savings to checking when It asked for my debit info on checkout. Even when I talked to VZN later for other reasons the rep nearly argued I will be billed for my ViP on my next billed when I was telling her it already charged me.
So basically Im saying they dont know what they hell they are talking bout most the time.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Great! That's what I wanted to hear.

If I thought I wasn't getting it until the 10th when I called to ask why I was billed on the 3rd I would've been a hard ass about it. But my thinking was let me not be the one idiot who calls and gets his bill delayed to the 10th and everyone gets there phone on Monday haha.

But the second it goes on hold I'm calling. I don't care about not getting it before release day, but don't faux ship it and have me billed earlier so it can sit there for the week.

EDIT: My status is shipped. I'm in NJ and so is my iPhone now. However I think when you get one day shipping, and it bills you on the 3rd so it can sit until the 10th, that is shady business and I won't be taking it happily. I don't care if you want to wait until the 10th, just don't have my money taken early in the way you do it.

Well than you can wait until the 10th call verizon and have them ship your iphone back and redeliver it the 10th. smh people are never happy

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well than you can wait until the 10th call verizon and have them ship your iphone back and redeliver it the 10th. smh people are never happy

Agree!!! Some people are paranoid. It is like this is the first purchase they have ever made. There is no hold on the phones!! My phone is in transit and Fedex says I can't even request a hold. How your card gets charged varies if you have a credit or debit card. I have not seen a charge against my CC even thought my phone has shipped. Others may have a hold placed or debit cards debited. Most businesses will charge/debit your card when it leaves their shipping dock not when you receive package at your door. If there is a delay or whatever at UPS of Fedex does not matter.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

If the status says "SHIPPED", then the phone has shipped. Shipped means it left he Apple/VZW warehouse and is in the possession of the shipping agent (FedEx, UPS, etc)... so where's the problem? The phones have shipped, your account was debited...

Reactions: shipwrestler125

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If the status says "SHIPPED", then the phone has shipped. Shipped means it left he Apple/VZW warehouse and is in the possession of the shipping agent (FedEx, UPS, etc)... so where's the problem? The phones have shipped, your account was debited...

Agree I think some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. I mean what does it matter if they billed you a day or two before you get the phone? Do they expect to not be billed until the phone is in their hands? smh

iPhone uPhone

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Agree I think some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. I mean what does it matter if they billed you a day or two before you get the phone? Do they expect to not be billed until the phone is in their hands? smh

I was actually happy to see I was billed for it, confirmed my order was in place. I mean we have to be charged for them at some point, so what is the big deal? I made sure I had the necessary funds available prior to the pre-order date. I figured V might charge or put a hold on the account immediately due to the high demand, figuring if one doesn't have sufficient funds, their reserve could be freed up for the next person.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods