Question about switch from MS Exchange '03 to '10

littlemo78

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm longtime BB user and am new to the iPhone world as of a couple months ago, so my knowledge around MS Exchange is fairly limited. I use my iPhone in a corporate environment that only supports BBs. I've been connected via iPhone without issue for a couple months, but recently got a notification that webmail access would be changing. By the screenshots, it looks like they're switching from MS Exchange 2003 to MS Exchange 2010.

Can anyone who is knowledgeable about MS Exchange chime in and offer any thoughts as to if this could interrupt, or even disconnect my connection that has worked flawlessly thus far? iPhone's aren't supported, so I can't really ask the IT folks. However, there are plenty of iPhones being used in the company, so my better judgement tells me they wouldn't disrupt all of those connections on purpose.

Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There shouldn't be any interruptions, the company I work for switched to 2010 and I also updated my outlook to 2010 and no issues getting my email on my iPhone. Ofcourse every company has a different setup so I can't give you a 100% gaurantee it will depend how the company you work for impliments it but I don't forsee there being any problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: littlemo78 and Alli

littlemo78

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Ipheuria. From what I hear, the exchange upgrade will be next week and Outlook later in the year. I was worried about being totally cutoff, so that's great reassurance.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It shouldn't affect the end user (you) at all, unless they change their access policies when they upgrade their back end. (Why does that sound so dirty?)

If you find yourself without service after the switch, just call your IT dept and ask if they changed policies and if there's anything you should change on your iPhone settings. They're professionals, they'll know how to help.

Reactions: littlemo78

littlemo78

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to both of you for the reassurance. I was worried (probably more than I needed to be) about losing the ability to use the phone for work. After switching from BB, there's no way I could go back!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
they upgrade their back end. (Why does that sound so dirty?)[\QUOTE]

Alli tsk tsk  lol I have a T-Shirt that says "My Computer goes down on me all the time" hilarious when I wear it to work.

OP I totally understand your concern and like usual there are no dumb questions 

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73