Apple and Verizon stores in-stock numbers?

hh72385

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how many ip4's stores usually stock? Was watching a few vids of the att ip4 launch days and thought looking at the massive lines "these stores cant possibly have enough for everyone"

P.S
Been lurking on the forums for a long time finally decided to sign up. Long time verizon customer always curious about the iphone.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I dont know either but I am excited to see as well. :)

lol I also have "lurked" for a while when I had the iPhone on Att but never signed up. Funny stuff

W00tn3ss

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I talked with a trusted Verizon rep and he said each "authorized retailer" will get 20 of each size. He said if you did not get one the launch day they will overnight ship it to you so you get it the 11th.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I talked with a trusted Verizon rep and he said each "authorized retailer" will get 20 of each size. He said if you did not get one the launch day they will overnight ship it to you so you get it the 11th.

Well I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

Consider this: When the iPhone 4 came out on AT&T, a company that already had a previous iPhone, the lines in some places reached 500+.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

buckeyegoose

Banned
Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
He said authorized reseller, meaning like best buy and stuff. And from the AT&T launches that sounds right.

What i don't get is why not ensure the Verizon stores have ample stock, getting phones in anyones hands that wants on, vs having to ship them free to people when they run out. Some stores already have security guards so just have them at all stores to prevent break ins.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
He said authorized reseller, meaning like best buy and stuff. And from the AT&T launches that sounds right.

What i don't get is why not ensure the Verizon stores have ample stock, getting phones in anyones hands that wants on, vs having to ship them free to people when they run out. Some stores already have security guards so just have them at all stores to prevent break ins.

You think that best buy will have 20 phones of each size!?

That just seems absurd to be. At least triple digits would seem believable.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
If it's anything like the iPhone on AT&T launch, Apple will have more stock than Verizon. Verizon will run out before 10-11am, Apple will run out the same day around 4-6pm. Apple stores will receive quicker replenishments than Verizon Stores. Apple Stores will carry 3-4x the inventory than Verizon Stores.

Recommendation: If you didn't pre-order online and plan on going to a store I'd go to an Apple Store (should you have one close enough). ;)

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You think that best buy will have 20 phones of each size!?

That just seems absurd to be. At least triple digits would seem believable.

Well if you look at verizons history 20 sounds about right. i mean when the Droid x came out they had 30 in store which wasnt enough then and sold out by 10 am and had to overnight to anyone else who came in to get one. So if you are going in store to get one i suggest going in super early otherwise you will be waiting until the 11th.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2