Anyone have any idea what the suicide rate is among Verizon Reps?

zoey2

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
OMG......After reading the Verizon iphone forum and this one....can you even IMAGINE what it must be like to be a Verizon Customer Service person right now? I would have quit my job by 5 a.m. this morning!!!!!!!!

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
OMG......After reading the Verizon iphone forum and this one....can you even IMAGINE what it must be like to be a Verizon Customer Service person right now? I would have quit my job by 5 a.m. this morning!!!!!!!!

It takes a special type of person to deal in customer service and customer relations. Every time you take a new call, you take a deep breath and remember, "it's not me!" :)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I can't even imagine the number of people calling about non issues. Just to say "my order says shipped but no tracking so I just wanted to get an update on that". Just sad.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I can't even imagine the number of people calling about non issues. Just to say "my order says shipped but no tracking so I just wanted to get an update on that". Just sad.

It is sad, but at the same time, this is classic PR/customer relations. People would rather hear bad news than no news. If they put up a pre-order FAQ saying "Shipped means it has left the facility, but hasn't gone in transit yet. You will get a Tracking Number when it goes into transit, expected to happen on 2/8".

Imagine? We'd be ecstatic to know that! And NO ONE would call!

However, now we're left here to guess, and perhaps be tickled ::insert color:: if it arrives early :)

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The reality is, no matter what kinds of calls they are taking, these days I would hope they are grateful to have a job to be able to take them. I heard there is a possibility a lot of these CSR positions are going to be moved to India :(

Maybe this was why we had so many conflicting answers from one rep to another :confused:

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It is sad, but at the same time, this is classic PR/customer relations. People would rather hear bad news than no news. If they put up a pre-order FAQ saying "Shipped means it has left the facility, but hasn't gone in transit yet. You will get a Tracking Number when it goes into transit, expected to happen on 2/8".

Imagine? We'd be ecstatic to know that! And NO ONE would call!

However, now we're left here to guess, and perhaps be tickled ::insert color:: if it arrives early :)

I agree but that's because people are just way too overboard. Not saying it's good or bad, just saying what it is. I mean you have people posting in the other thread saying they just called their bank to see if the transaction with VZW was a true debit or just a hold. I mean come on now. In my opinion, VZW doesn't need a FAQ for every single question and worry that people can think of. But again that's just me.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The reality is, no matter what kinds of calls they are taking, these days I would hope they are grateful to have a job to be able to take them. I heard there is a possibility a lot of these CSR positions are going to be moved to India :(

Maybe this was why we had so many conflicting answers from one rep to another :confused:

If they move it to India then no one will want to call :D

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I think too many people have, an instant gratification problem. I ordered it, now it's says shipped when will I get it. They just need to relax it's only a phone. A good one, but still a phone.

Reactions: scorpiodsu

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think too many people have, an instant gratification problem. I ordered it, now it's says shipped when will I get it. They just need to relax it's only a phone. A good one, but still a phone.

Yeah and then some will be pissed because they didn't get a tracking number all weekend or the device actually doesn't come until the 10th, when VZW says it will come. Imagine that :eek:

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If the information flow was a little more precise, or if VZ was at least a little more forthcoming with the information, it would dispel a lot of the questions and rumors floating around.
- When they touted the pre-order as the chance for existing customers to "GET" the iPhone before it went on sale to the general public, did they really mean, "order?"
- When they say, "on or before 2/10," is that because they HOPE to have them in our hands sooner, or instead, are they aiming for 2/10 and they might happen to arrive earlier.
- When the status says, "Shipped," what does that really mean?
- On what day are the earliest orders going out on planes, trains and delivery trucks?

There's really no need to keep this stuff secret. Even worse is the CSRs who give conflicting definitive answers (it will arrive on or before 2/10 - no it will ship on 2/10 and you'll get it 2/14, etc.).

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If the information flow was a little more precise, or if VZ was at least a little more forthcoming with the information, it would dispel a lot of the questions and rumors floating around.
- When they touted the pre-order as the chance for existing customers to "GET" the iPhone before it went on sale to the general public, did they really mean, "order?"
- When they say, "on or before 2/10," is that because they HOPE to have them in our hands sooner, or instead, are they aiming for 2/10 and they might happen to arrive earlier.
- When the status says, "Shipped," what does that really mean?
- On what day are the earliest orders going out on planes, trains and delivery trucks?

There's really no need to keep this stuff secret. Even worse is the CSRs who give conflicting definitive answers (it will arrive on or before 2/10 - no it will ship on 2/10 and you'll get it 2/14, etc.).

This is exactly what I mean. They didn't say it was an opportunity to "get" one before. They said it was the opportunity to order one with their limited quantities to be ensured to get one.

On or before 2/10.... does it matter? At the end of the day you won't get it later than 2/10. They need to cover themselves in case people get them early.

"When the status says, "Shipped," what does that really mean?"
"On what day are the earliest orders going out on planes, trains and delivery trucks?"

Both of these questions are just by people who are too impatient and need to know everything right now. Way over the top. Who cares what day the orders are going on the planes. Wait until you get your tracking number and it will give you the estimated delivery. Easy enough. Sheesh. Some of you guys really need to take a breather.