For those who paid FULL RETAIL on Verizon's website . . get $50.00 credit

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Verizon CSR. I asked why it was $50.00 more per phone if bought at retail price ($599 vs $649 for 16g and $699 vs $749 for 32g) on Verizon's site vs Apple's site. The CSR I spoke with was unaware of the price discrepancy between the two websites.

Long story short . . I was credited $100.00 towards my next Verizon bill (I bought 2 phones at retail price). At first, I was given the option to cancel my existing order from Verizon and re-order through Apple. I declined that option because I didn't want to "lose my place in line" for my existing pre-order. The CSR was very understanding and credited my account $100.00

If you bought on Verizon today and paid full retail, call Verizon and ask for credit. Hope your experience is as successful as mine was today. Good luck

Reactions: Libuff

smoke5643

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with CS. I was informed that VZW will price match itself within 30 days of ordering. However they will not price match another company. I asked about my account being credited $50 towards my bill and after being placed on hold while she talked to a supervisor she came back with an offer to give me 150 extra minutes for next month... I have 700 mins and dont even come close to using them all so I passed on that one.

What a crock....Guess it really does pay to shop around....I'm gonna call back later and see if another Rep will give me a different response.....

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with CS. I was informed that VZW will price match itself within 30 days of ordering. However they will not price match another company. I asked about my account being credited $50 towards my bill and after being placed on hold while she talked to a supervisor she came back with an offer to give me 150 extra minutes for next month... I have 700 mins and dont even come close to using them all so I passed on that one.

What a crock....Guess it really does pay to shop around....I'm gonna call back later and see if another Rep will give me a different response.....

I am with you. I might wait until tonight or tomorrow. Let it die down a little, first.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just called VZ and asked the same thing and was told that they will not match Apple's price and they set their prices and Apple sets their own prices. But I was welcome to cancel my order and re order from Apple!!!!! WTF

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am going to wait until I have the iPhone in hand. Then I will call VZ I am SURE they will want to give me the $50 credit instead of having to deal with me returning the iPhone and then buying again from Apple.

smoke5643

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just got off with CS for the third time today. The third time was the charm. After getting quite firm and explaining that what they were doing was wrong. They finally decided that my customer loyalty and all the money I spend with them was worth a fifty dollar credit on my next months bill.

So don't give up guys keep calling back until you get some refunds.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Glad some of you guys are getting the credits. I don't understand why Verizon is charging more in the first place and I think it's something that needs to be corrected.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Glad some of you guys are getting the credits. I don't understand why Verizon is charging more in the first place and I think it's something that needs to be corrected.

Its called greed. Vzn users overtime will learn never order Apple products from their own carrier. ALWAYS deal with Apple when purchasing. I have always bought from Apple except one time

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Confirmed this is true.. I did this today, their resolution was a $50 credit on my account toward my next bill...

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Its called greed. Vzn users overtime will learn never order Apple products from their own carrier. ALWAYS deal with Apple when purchasing. I have always bought from Apple except one time

This is correct. The only reason I didn't buy directly from Apple was because of last year's fiasco with orders being canceled for no apparent reason. But with any of my iPhone purchases or Apple product purchases, I always get it from Apple.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed this is true.. I did this today, their resolution was a $50 credit on my account toward my next bill...

Glad it worked out for you . . seems like some of us are getting lucky. I think it all depends on "lucky chance" when you call in and get to talk to a "good customer service rep". If you get a crappy one, not much luck.