Data Concern

ryobi43

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just read this on VZW's website:

"iPhone customers will need an unlimited data package $29.99 or higher (available for a limited time only)."

Does anybody have any info on this?

captriker

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
All Smartphones on Verizon require a data plan. The minimum plan for the iPhone is the Unlimited Data plan for $30.

Verizon has said that they will offer unlimited data plans for new iPhone contracts for a limited time and then they will only offered tiered data plans with caps. Users who either have an existing unlimited plan or who purchase one now with the iPhone will be grandfathered in and retain the plan as long as they maintain their contract.

Reactions: ryobi43

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What more info do you need than that? They require you to sign up for unlimited data just like other high end smartphones.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Since im a current smart phone user im aware of the data requirements. However, the "for a limited time" comment caught my eye.

Yeah they said a few weeks ago that they will only offer for a limited time so I suppose that means they will eventually stop offering unlimited or cap it at 5GB or something. Who knows. But this is part of the reason, AT&T start offering unlimited again to their customers.

cevmkv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
once u sign up...you will be grandfathered in at 'unlimited' are you concerned you will lose the unlimited data when they switch?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
once u sign up...you will be grandfathered in at 'unlimited' are you concerned you will lose the unlimited data when they switch?

To the OP if you are concerned, don't be. This just means that in the future, those without unlimited data or new customers will not be able to get it once VZW stops offering it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2