Limited Quanity????

ddnichols7

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought there was suppose to be a limited quanity? Just pre ordered mine and got confirmation for it etc. I also noticed people had them ordered before 0300 hrs with success......I wonder if this was Verizon's and Apple's way of not allowing a site crash? Im just happy its ordered after all these years of waiting and reading forum's and blogs on the internet!!!!

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I was surprised to see that when I elected to add a line there was a drop box to choose how many line I wished to add. There was at least an option to select 5 & maybe more which AT&T never would allow. You only could get one on their launch. Limited quanity might have been just in case something went wrong or marketing to get everyone on the fence to buy right away.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
They say limited quantity because that draws up demand. But like I said a few days ago, no one should expect this to be nowhere near the figures of previous AT&T iPhone preorders. I'd expect VZW to make a big splash on the 10th.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
They say limited quantity because that draws up demand. But like I said a few days ago, no one should expect this to be nowhere near the figures of previous AT&T iPhone preorders. I'd expect VZW to make a big splash on the 10th.

Agree it isnt going to be as big as with at&t for one simple reason: its the same phone that was released months ago so alot of people arent going to jump ship for it now when future iphones come to verizon that will be a different story if they come the same time as at&t I could see a lot of people leaving then. Its all about creating a demand that most likely isnt as high as they say

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Agree it isnt going to be as big as with at&t for one simple reason: its the same phone that was released months ago so alot of people arent going to jump ship for it now when future iphones come to verizon that will be a different story if they come the same time as at&t I could see a lot of people leaving then. Its all about creating a demand that most likely isnt as high as they say

Fully agree. And combined that with the fact that AT&T users didn't have many high end smartphones to choose from while VZW customers did, they are more content and likely to wait until the next iPhone is released.

Tennessee

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Unless by limited quantity, they were meaning all that they had produced, and the whole preorder thing is to make sure all customers that want one get one before new customers. Sort of a Thank You for waiting.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Unless by limited quantity, they were meaning all that they had produced, and the whole preorder thing is to make sure all customers that want one get one before new customers. Sort of a Thank You for waiting.

I think it's more of a farce. I agree it's a way of saying thank you to current customers who have been waiting. But, the more people they can ship a pre-order to, the fewer people show up at stores. And Verizon makes the most $$ off online orders ... no commission to in-store sales people :)

I also think the pre-order quantity is their entire "warehouse" (or whatever you call it) supply. Once that runs out, you go on back-order. They'll fill as many pre-orders as they can. If they run out of pre-orders, you will be on back-order when you order on the 9th unless you can get one in-store on the 10th. If they don't run out of pre-orders, then they'll fulfill orders on the 9th-forward until the stock runs out.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it's more of a farce. I agree it's a way of saying thank you to current customers who have been waiting. But, the more people they can ship a pre-order to, the fewer people show up at stores. And Verizon makes the most $$ off online orders ... no commission to in-store sales people :)

I also think the pre-order quantity is their entire "warehouse" (or whatever you call it) supply. Once that runs out, you go on back-order. They'll fill as many pre-orders as they can. If they run out of pre-orders, you will be on back-order when you order on the 9th unless you can get one in-store on the 10th. If they don't run out of pre-orders, then they'll fulfill orders on the 9th-forward until the stock runs out.

Agree any way verizon can save some money and put more into their pocket they will always do it. Just make it seem like they wont have enough so that almost all the people order online thinking they cant get one in store on launch day

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro