Prepared for shipment

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I checked my order on Apple's website and the status is now "Prepared for shipment." I can't tell you how stoked I'd be if I had it before the weekend. I guess I can keep my fingers crossed.

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow, theyre cookin... I just dont get why on earth they will sit on them for a week???? Even Apples site says on or before the 10th, yet mine says it will ship on the 10th, not living up to either ON or BEFORE. Perhaps the definition of these words has changed and I missed the memo.

jor-el

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, theyre cookin... I just dont get why on earth they will sit on them for a week???? Even Apples site says on or before the 10th, yet mine says it will ship on the 10th, not living up to either ON or BEFORE. Perhaps the definition of these words has changed and I missed the memo.

I think we will get them no earlier than the 8th and no later than the 10th. I think they say by the 10th so if it arrives early we are happily surprised vs if its late we will be flaming pissed.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine is prepared for shipment as well. My guess it will stay that way until Monday or Tuesday.

That's probably the case but a boy can dream. I've been using a 3 year old LG flip phone since January 11th and it's killing me not to have the features of a smart phone.

I ordered an iPad Monday around noon and it was shipped the same day, so I know Apple can get things out quickly.

slumpey326

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if people who ordered from apple.com will getting them before people who ordered from verizon's website. I ordered from verizon's website and when you go to the status page, it still says:

Order Status: We received your order and it is in process.
Expected Ship Date: 02/10/2011

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Looking back through forums about past product pre-orders and launches, there seems to be a 2-3 day delay from "Prepared for Shipment" to "Shipped." Sometimes that was due to status changing to "Prepared for Shipment" on a Friday, with no further updates until Monday. Hard to figure out any pattern. Many were shipping directly from China - not sure if that will happen with ours or if Apple/Verizon is sitting on warehouses/FedEx trucks full of these things.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if people who ordered from apple.com will getting them before people who ordered from verizon's website. I ordered from verizon's website and when you go to the status page, it still says:

Order Status: We received your order and it is in process.
Expected Ship Date: 02/10/2011

Mine says the exact same thing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice