It let me keep my old Alltel plan!!

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The hubby and I are still on our old Alltel smartphone plan ($109 for mine, plus $40 for his line). We both have unlimited texts, 1200 minutes/month and unlimited data. Way cheaper than the Verizon plans. Store guy said we'd have to switch, and as I was ordering I had to pick new data plan features and stuff... but when I clicked "next" while ordering I got this message:

"This device requires a selection of a $29.99 or $44.99 data feature to process this order. If you have a certain existing smartphone data feature (e.g. former Alltel customer, 150MB plan or a bundled voice & data plan) you can still activate the phone by calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 upon receipt of phone & activation, and stay on your existing calling plan."

then when I got the confirmation email - it kept all my Alltel stuff and didn't mention the "new" options I'd selected!!! Heck yeah!!

jb1dsl

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Got my confirmation email and it shows the ol trusty 89 dollar alltel plan with unlimited data, text, m2m, 10, and nights start at 7!! Happy here!!