I Tunes Question

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Under sync mail accounts in itunes I have a gmail account that I want to get rid of, I cant figure out how to delete it. It does not push email so I had to create a gmail account on the phone using exchange in order to have it push properly.

I want the new correct account ( exchange ) to populate under mail accounts in itunes but the old account is still in there and I cant get to go away.

If I leave the old account checked it adds the account to my phone and I have to delete or I get duplicate emails.

I dont understand how the accounts were populated in itunes and why I cant delete it.

I hope this makes sense, I am finding it hard to explain

ultimately I want the old incorrect email account removed from itunes and the new correct account to take its place

PLease help

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I do that but it still resides in itunes and if I uncheck it in itunes it does not put it back on my phone which is great but the new correct gmail account does not populate in itunes. I dont mind leaving it unchecked in itunes i just want the correct account that resides on the phone to populate in itunes.

I think this is a Mod question

Thanks

Last edited:

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Under sync mail accounts in itunes I have a gmail account that I want to get rid of, I cant figure out how to delete it. It does not push email so I had to create a gmail account on the phone using exchange in order to have it push properly.

I want the new correct account ( exchange ) to populate under mail accounts in itunes but the old account is still in there and I cant get to go away.

If I leave the old account checked it adds the account to my phone and I have to delete or I get duplicate emails.

I dont understand how the accounts were populated in itunes and why I cant delete it.

I hope this makes sense, I am finding it hard to explain

ultimately I want the old incorrect email account removed from itunes and the new correct account to take its place

PLease help

As long as you have your email account set up via exchange there is really no reason to have iTunes sync the account at all. Also there really is no such thing as a "mod question"

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just a hunch, but it seems like you need to delete the email account you're wanting to be rid of on your iPhone from either your Outlook (PC) or Mail (Mac)...iTunes syncs with these, pulls over information from these to iTunes and transfers it to your iPhone, deleting it from your iPhone would simply be overridden after a sync with iTunes again since it assumes you want your emails setup if it isn't already on the iPhone (and if you delete it FROM the iPhone, it just assumes its a new inbox once it sees it again).

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If I delete the gmail account in mail and then sync my phone to itunes which has the new correct ( exchange gmail account ) will the new account automatically be added to my mail on the MAc side ? if not i do not see how to get gmail back on the mac ?

Thanks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't know about the reverse sync to the mac...but it's basically just deleting the box you do not want anymore from the mac, adding the box you DO want to the mac, and if it's already synced with the iPhone, you don't have to worry about it cause it'll already be on there (it will prob still ask you if you want to sync the email stuff again, just say yes...as long as that bad inbox isn't on the mac, it shouldn't sync anything related to it anymore).

You'll obviously want to make sure the bad inbox is deleted from the iphone as well...just to be clear that there is no existence of it!

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i deleted the account and recreated it in the mail app but it defaults to a imap account, I think it needs to be exchange, god this is so confusing, you need to be a level 2 tech to get this figured out.

I had to create a exchange account on the phone so gmail would push, if I leave the new account imap it will recreate the imap account on my phone.

Do i even need to worry about them matching up ? I unchecked the imap gmail account in itunes I just wanted to see all my correct email accounts in itunes, am I making this more complicated than I need to ?

FRUSTRATED MAC USER !!!!

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73