Best-Buy will have VZW iPhone Feb 10th

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If people can avoid Best Buy, do so. In many areas last year they really messed up. For one they don't know how many they will get. To preorder through them you have to put your name on a list, pay for a $50 dollar gift card that will reserve your phone and go towards the purchase of it. Last year Best Buy had people reserving white iPhones and they didn't even come out. And if you had a 16GB reserved and it sells out, no switching to the 32GB. Hopefully they will do better this time.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I bet Best Buys supply will be small. I wouldnt chance it there on release day

Yeah my store got 10 of each. I had my reserved with them just in case Apple sold out. What they did last year was have you reserve one and then call you a couple days prior to launch to schedule when you can come pick yours up. It's not a bad process but like I said they gave out a lot of bad information last year and I would chance it with them. I wonder if Apple will have online reservations like last year. That worked pretty well. As long as you reserved one, you were almost guaranteed to get one because the online reservations would be closed once they met capacity. There were 2 lines at the Apple store last year, 1 for online reservations and the other for walk-ins. I had 2 reservations walked up to my store at about 7am and got mine before people who were out there since the night before.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah my store got 10 of each. I had my reserved with them just in case Apple sold out. What they did last year was have you reserve one and then call you a couple days prior to launch to schedule when you can come pick yours up. It's not a bad process but like I said they gave out a lot of bad information last year and I would chance it with them. I wonder if Apple will have online reservations like last year. That worked pretty well. As long as you reserved one, you were almost guaranteed to get one because the online reservations would be closed once they met capacity. There were 2 lines at the Apple store last year, 1 for online reservations and the other for walk-ins. I had 2 reservations walked up to my store at about 7am and got mine before people who were out there since the night before.

Yeah I did the reservation at Apple too. I got there at 5:45am and had a few hundred people with reservations in front of me. I got in the door about 8:15 with doors opening at 7am. By the time I left, there were over 1000 people in the reservation line and 1500 people in the standby line. It was crazy. And this was with having 3 Apple stores within a 5 mile radius.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I did the reservation at Apple too. I got there at 5:45am and had a few hundred people with reservations in front of me. I got in the door about 8:15 with doors opening at 7am. By the time I left, there were over 1000 people in the reservation line and 1500 people in the standby line. It was crazy. And this was with having 3 Apple stores within a 5 mile radius.

Yeah the whole thing probably took me a little less than 3 hours. I remember getting to the front of my line and some guy in the front of the walk-in line said he was camped out since 8PM the night before. I found that quite funny because I was there less than 3 hours and already reached the front of my line. Just craziness. If anyone thinks preordering isn't worth it, they better think again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2