Blackberry to iPhone data transfer

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys...for those of you switching from blackberry to iPhone, I have a question.

If I had a normal phone I could use the VZ backup assistant to get all of my stuff on the iphone, but blackberry phones don't work with the backup assistant. Is the only way to transfer all my contacts and stuff going into the store and paying for them to do it? (manually is not even an option...I would cry.)

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry desktop manager will transfer from the blackberry to the iphone? I didn't know that. I'm going to have to explore the options in it.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
All you contact and calender info for your blackberry should be synced to your email client i.e. outlook, outlook express, ical etc.. You iphone can sync with these same clients. Do you if you have all your stuff on your computer you are fine.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
All you contact and calender info for your blackberry should be synced to your email client i.e. outlook, outlook express, ical etc.. You iphone can sync with these same clients. Do you if you have all your stuff on your computer you are fine.

I don't. The only place have all the numbers I need is in my blackberry contacts right on the phone.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Backup assistant does work on blackberries. Im not sure what device exactly you are using, but most blackberries that I have owned (on Verizon's network of course) all you had to do was go to the app store on the device and download the backup assistant to your phone, set it up and then back up your contacts. But, if thats too difficult or I am COMPLETELY wrong, then I would suggest going the route that kch50428 mentioned. Download the Blackberry Desktop Manager here:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software

and just sync the information with iTunes. If you get lost, PM me or google it. There are plenty of sources out there that explain how to do it. Hope this helps buddy. :)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't. The only place have all the numbers I need is in my blackberry contacts right on the phone.

Ok. Well just hook up your blackberry to your computer and use Desktop manager to put all your calendar and contacts on your computer. And once you do that you are good to go because when you hook up your iPhone it will ask you where you want to sync your info and you will select the same email client that you synced your blackberry to.

Or you can go here

Google Sync for your phone

and download the google sync app for your blackberry. This will put all your contacts and calendar entries on google. That way you always have web based access to your stuff if something happened to your phone. Once that is done you set up google sync on your iPhone and it will automatically import everything. If you don't have a google account, open one. It's very useful.

Reactions: CKisses

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Backup Assistant works perfectly on BlackBerries... I've gone through five BlackBerries in the past year and a half, and I've used Backup Assistant to transfer my contacts every single time. It's also by far the easiest option... all you do is click a button XD

Last edited:

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I created a Google account & downloaded Google sync to my blackberry. It added my contacts to Google no problem but my calendar entries were not added. Did I miss something? I have been using Outlook to do my BB syncs previously.....is there a way to maybe transfer my calendar from Outlook to Google since the sync didn't work?

Any help is much appreciated?

blitzjb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The vzw backup assistant works on the storm. It should work with others. If you are syncing to outlook, it should active sync with the iPhone.

bign__17

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I created a Google account & downloaded Google sync to my blackberry. It added my contacts to Google no problem but my calendar entries were not added. Did I miss something? I have been using Outlook to do my BB syncs previously.....is there a way to maybe transfer my calendar from Outlook to Google since the sync didn't work?

Same happen to me, I got some sort of server error message for syncing the calendar

bella1842

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
try bluetooth :)

If you have a mac, you can pair your blackberry and your laptop and transfer all your contacts right into your address book on your laptop via bluetooth. Its effortless and extremely quick! :)

PSU

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If you have a mac, you can pair your blackberry and your laptop and transfer all your contacts right into your address book on your laptop via bluetooth. Its effortless and extremely quick! :)

More details.

I think I may just do mine with the Backup Assistant though.

Basically I'd just back my Blackberry up with the Assistant and then open up the Backup Assistant on the iPhone, no?

Chadwackg

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Dont quote me but I belive it didnt sync your calender because your entries were not listed under your gmail account when you entered them. they were either under another email account or facebook. I enter all my things on my bb under my gmail account and everything synced fine. just a thought but not 100% sure

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2