Back that thang up!!!

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just backed up all my contacts up to backup assistance for existing Verizon customers. Its as easy as downloading the app for your current phone, making a pin# to restore them later, and then letting your phone do the rest of the work(Blackberry in my case). Itunes just released our first exclusive app just for transferring from Verizon's backup assist to your new ViP. Its free and only uses 1mb of data to backup. Do this before disconnecting you current phone.

Backup Assistant
VZ Transfer for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

:eek::eek:WE ARE ONLY 1 NIGHT AWAY:eek::eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: quezsmith

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Alternatives to BackupAssistant are also possible - gMail will sync contacts & calendars to iPhone4... and iTunes can sync with mail programs... and, you can use BackupAssistant to export a CSV file, or v-card file that you can import to your computer and sync via iTunes.

The other thing to keep in mind is saved voicemails - if you have anything you want to keep, get them saved one way or another before activating your new iPhone.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I was extremely happy about this. The backup assistant has helped me several time. Its good to see Big Red getting things ready BEFORE launch time so that everything is up and running. Lets hope everything goes smoothly tonight/tomorrow morning.

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Wait what??? The verizon rep i talked to said backup assistant doesn't work and I just created a thread for help. really?? you have a blackberry and this worked?

jaycee2007

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Wait what??? The verizon rep i talked to said backup assistant doesn't work and I just created a thread for help. really?? you have a blackberry and this worked?

Yes Sir worked like a charm. I can even log onto My Verizon and edit it. Now if it will transfer correctly, that I will find out when I receive my ViP.

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Alternatives to BackupAssistant are also possible - gMail will sync contacts & calendars to iPhone4... and iTunes can sync with mail programs... and, you can use BackupAssistant to export a CSV file, or v-card file that you can import to your computer and sync via iTunes.

The other thing to keep in mind is saved voicemails - if you have anything you want to keep, get them saved one way or another before activating your new iPhone.

I can use backup assistant if I have to, but I'm not a big fan of the application. On some devices, if you remove the backup assistant, it also removes any numbers you added to the phone via the app..

I'm more interested in exporting the backupassistant file to my pc, somehow syncing it with my iTunes, and loading them on the phone that way.

Sadly, I'm not very well trained on iTunes, or the iPhone, yet..

Is there a thread somewhere that explains how to do this in detail?

Thanks,

Devinfowlkes15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I can use backup assistant if I have to, but I'm not a big fan of the application. On some devices, if you remove the backup assistant, it also removes any numbers you added to the phone via the app..

I'm more interested in exporting the backupassistant file to my pc, somehow syncing it with my iTunes, and loading them on the phone that way.

Sadly, I'm not very well trained on iTunes, or the iPhone, yet..

Is there a thread somewhere that explains how to do this in detail?

Thanks,

Do You Have A Blackberry?
Or Verizon Have It On There Website To Show You Over The Web,
I Did It For My Blackberry Its In My Itunes Now Though

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
All one needs to do is sign in to their website for BackupAssistant - select all, click the actions drop-down, and select the type of output desired... sand save that file to their computer; then in their mail program of choice, they'd open the address book, and find the menu command to import - then choose the file they saved.... there may be an option to do some field mapping to make sure data ends up in the right places... and then import. Once that's done, you set up iTunes to sync as you desire.

Reactions: highlife

highlife

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Once that's done, you set up iTunes to sync as you desire.

Followed everything up to this point. I'm not familiar with iTunes itself. How would I sync the contact list from my email client of choice once I have imported them there.

Is there an option in iTunes somewhere to sync a mail client?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You will need your iPhone to set up sync... and yes, there is a place to set up syncing calendars, and contacts.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner