How Many Of You Guys Are Ditching An Android For The Beautiful iP4?

Whats Going To Happen To Your Droid?

• I wont know what a Droid is after 2/10

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • Im going to use both and keep up with Android AND iOS

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Never considered an Android

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Giving it away

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

iTreHayes

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid X and Ive come under so much criticism on Droid-life when I said "My Droid is going in a recycle bin the minute I get my iP4 on the 10th" and many people came back at me saying that hardly anyone would switch to the iPhone because Android is "clearly superior".

So I want to see if this assumption will hold up and how many of you guys are coming from a Droid thats going to be chucked across the room on Feb 10th.

hiltitech

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I am with you

My HTC Droid Incredible is going away as soon as my Iphone 4 arrives. Cant wait for a phone that just works and does not lag. BYE Droid you wont be missed.

buggyman

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been on Android for over a year and I do like it a lot. I have the Evo and it is a great phone. I am possibly going to get an Iphone, not because I need to switch, but because I am probably changing carriers. I have been with Sprint for 10 years and I think it may be time for a change. If I do I would go with the Iphone. Mostly because everything else I own is Apple. The only non apple gadget I don't own is the phone. I think Android and Apple have strong and weak points. I think one of the biggest things I am concerned about with the Iphone is going back to the small screen. A 4 inch screen seems to be the sweet spot IMO. I like both platforms so we shall see.

buggyman

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Droid Incredible is going away as soon as my Iphone 4 arrives. Cant wait for a phone that just works and does not lag. BYE Droid you wont be missed.

If your Droid lags then there probably is a few things you need to do to it. LIke clear the cache and browser history to start. Every application has a cache. But the phone should not lag. Heck my Ipod touch 4 has lagged if I don't do things to it after a while.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I cant either! I like my X but honestly Ive waited YEARS for the iPhone and Android isn't going to tie me down lol :D

Me too. I've been waiting for this since January of 2007. Once the Droid Bionic comes out though, I might buy it as a backup phone. But my iPhone will always be the front-runner.

iTreHayes

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Me too. I've been waiting for this since January of 2007. Once the Droid Bionic comes out though, I might buy it as a backup phone. But my iPhone will always be the front-runner.

Amen to that I wont lie I am interested in some of these new Android devices. But Ive already pretty much sold me cellular soul to Apple lol

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I cant either! I like my X but honestly Ive waited YEARS for the iPhone and Android isn't going to tie me down lol :D

I am in the exact same boat, I have wanted an iPhone since it was announced, I have always followed the iPhone in the news and especially listened for when the day would finally come when VZ would have it. I bought the Droid X when it was released but honestly it is still too buggy for be and I am so excited to get my hands on the iPhone 4! I am even paying full retail because I want it that bad.

iTreHayes

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been on Android for over a year and I do like it a lot. I have the Evo and it is a great phone. I am possibly going to get an Iphone, not because I need to switch, but because I am probably changing carriers. I have been with Sprint for 10 years and I think it may be time for a change. If I do I would go with the Iphone. Mostly because everything else I own is Apple. The only non apple gadget I don't own is the phone. I think Android and Apple have strong and weak points. I think one of the biggest things I am concerned about with the Iphone is going back to the small screen. A 4 inch screen seems to be the sweet spot IMO. I like both platforms so we shall see.

Trust me I dont think the screen thing will be much of a problem. I borrowed my friends iP4 yesterday and compared the typing experience, the browsing experience, and the over all feel of it to my DX. It seems like its going to be fine for me. ;)

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have absolutely nothing against my Droid X. It was good to me while it kept me occupied waiting ultimately for the release of the iPhone. Since 2007 I had wanted one. I tried all of Verizons "iPhone killers" the Storms 1 and 2, and every Blackberry in between. I tried all of the Droids, I tried the Palm Pre, nothing ever truly removed that want for the iPhone. Using my iPod Touch, knowing the ios pretty well, seeing it work smoothly, and now being able to condense my mobile needs to 1 device, I am really excited about this release, more than I have on other devices. The only device release that would excite me more would be a 64 gb iPhone.

My Droid X isn't so much laggy as it is just not as smooth as ios. I tend to have to correct more errors typing on my Droid than I do on my Touch.

So count me in on another switched.

Ps I will be selling my Droid X and accessories on either Craigslist or EBay as well as selling my iPod Touch to fund the reimbursement for as close to the retail I'm paying for the iPhone as I can.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Another one here switching to the iPhone 4 from a Droid X. My son wants the X, so I'm giving to him.
I have an iPod Touch 4G, so I know how the iOS works and I like it a bit better than the Droid.

dcsr23#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm doing a few moves... I gave away my X to get the ip4 so I wouldn't have to renew my contract. I'm ditching my Storm 1 for my incredible and I'll use my ip4 on my business line.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Already sold both mine and my wife's EVOs. Got 350 a piece. Using the money for Sprint ETFs and towards VZW iPhone. I actually liked the EVO and didn't have issues with Sprint's service but the only reason I left VZW a couple years ago in the first place was for the iPhone. And then I left AT&T because I started having coverage issues but I couldn't see myself going back to VZW to pay much more money than Sprint for a comparable device and service. But now the iPhone which is the best phone I've ever had is now on what I consider to be the best network, it's a no brainer.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am switching from a droid for the iphone 4. I have been waiting for an iphone on verizon for years and now that they finally got it I cant wait to jump ship. Too much fragmentation with android and updates for my liking apple send their updates out to everyone to download at the same time. now if the next iphone had a 4 inch screen that would be amazing

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My driod is getting put away and used for a backup unit. If something happens to my phone or my daughter's Ally.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro