my iphone future is in your hands
I admit it, I am wrapped up in the iphone coming to verizon and want it the minute it comes out. However, I need some help deciding if it's the right move.
I currently have verizon's blackberry bold 9650 and love it. I primarily use my phone for email, twitter, facebook, phone calls and text messages. I love bbm, ubertwitter and the keyboard on my phone but dislike the internet most of all.
I have an upgrade on my mom's line she doesn't want so I am able to upgrade on Thursday with her phone and activate it on my line. However, I don't want to jump to the phone just because it's new and I love having the newest thing. I also worry about the rumors of a new iphone this summer, but it seems that it wouldn't be too much of an improvement if it did come out.
What do you guys think? I am so confused!!
- 02-01-2011, 02:44 PM #2
- 02-01-2011, 03:59 PM #3
While the history would suggest the next iteration of the iPhone will be announced/released this summer, there is nothing in stone. I am not saying a new one IS coming out, and I am not saying one ISN'T, but here are what we know (or think we do, anyway)
- Verizon iPhone - 2/10/2011 to the masses
- White iPhone (at lease on AT&T) - rumored to be late Feb/early March/Spring 2011
- iPhone 4 was "leaked" in January of 2010
- Not a single "leak" for the iPhone 5 other than it should have a single chip for GSM/CDMA (Personnally, I think this is obvious, not to mention the chip could be for the iPad 2)
That being said, I will add my "theories"
- iPhone 5 (what ever it gets called) will be a single chip/radio for all carriers (A World Phone, if you will)
- iPhone 5 will be to the iPhone 4 like the iPhone 3Gs was to the iPhone 3G
- iPhone 5 will NOT be LTE if released in 2011
- LTE iPhone will be released in 2012
So, if you get an iPhone 4 right at launch, you will be "stuck" with it for 20 months, which puts you at so until Fall 2012. At this point, we will know what the new release schedule is (Both AT&T and Verizon getting new hardware at the same time, or AT&T getting new in summer, with VZW getting in Feb), LTE will be more available on the carriers, and we can see the iPhone 4G.
I will be online ordering at 3 AM Thursday morning....
- 02-01-2011, 04:05 PM #4
- 02-01-2011, 04:17 PM #5iPhone Experts
- 767 Posts
I never play the "But the next iteration of this item will be coming out soon" game (unless it is like a month or 2). Why? You COULD buy the iPhone 4, but the iPhone 5 might be out and you could buy that but then the iPhone 6 might be out so get that or hold off for the iPhone 7 which might be a bad purchase because iPhone 8 might be coming. Get my point? Just pull the trigger. :P
(Plus, if the iPhone 5 really is the second coming, then if worst comes to worst you can pay full retail and upgrade as soon as it comes out.)
- 02-01-2011, 04:22 PM #6