Confusion everywhere ... just be prepared

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Why would anyone in their right mind that was eligible for an upgrade pre order at full retail????? That makes no sence. Only customers that were not eligible would order a new device at full retail.

There are some people who refuse to be under a contract - and full retail gives them that. Different strokes for different folks. :)

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they don't want to extend their contract? Is that possible?

Yes that is possible to do that.

Some people don't like contracts.

I agree some people don't like contracts. But your going to have a cell phone and your going to have Verizon service. So why not save yourself up to $450.00 and sign a new deal. It just does not add up.

Oh well, we can discuss this till we are blue in the face. No one is going to know till D-Day. :)

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
There are some people who refuse to be under a contract - and full retail gives them that

But the early termination fee isn't more than $350, and by getting a contract you'd SAVE $450. Wouldn't it still be cheaper to do a 2-year contract and then pay an early term fee?

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
While I inherently agree with you? I have emailed about this, called, and been told every time that yes, Full retail can pre-order. Then, when someone else gets the opposite information, it is my nature to be prepared and confirm. Could I sit back and relax and wait until Thursday morning? Sure. And if it was at 7 AM Eastern, or 10 AM Eastern, no big deal. The problem is, it is at 3 AM Eastern. I would rather know, as I am sure that many others in the same boat would, if we should be waiting up or not. Even if it was midnight Eastern, there wouldn't be the same sense of urgency. The fact that it is 3 AM I think is leading to the urgency.

I am in 100% agreement here, and as I stated in a few posts yesterday. Don't invite me to the party if you are only going to close the door in my face.

You can't as a customer service business generically state "All customers" not add any exclusions, set a very odd time for ordering at 3AM, have those customers you sent the invitation to arrive on time, and then let a portion of them know when all was said and done they are not eligible, sorry, the invitation wasn't meant for you :confused:

In regards to the the same questions being answered in such various opposite ways, are these reps just not paying attention in these meetings? Do they not have this written ANYWHERE? I am curious if the powers that be at Verizon pay attenton to any of this, or know it's going on? I definitely don't believe it is intentional, I think it is just ignorance from the top to the bottom, and a concerning lack of paying attention to detail :rolleyes:

Reactions: iSRS

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I am in 100% agreement here, and as I stated in a few posts yesterday. Don't invite me to the party if you are only going to close the door in my face.

You can't as a customer service business generically state "All customers" not add any exclusions, set a very odd time for ordering at 3AM, have those customers you sent the invitation to arrive on time, and then let a portion of them know when all was said and done they are not eligible, sorry, the invitation wasn't meant for you :confused:

Agreed 100%. Couldn't have said it better myself!

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
But the early termination fee isn't more than $350, and by getting a contract you'd SAVE $450. Wouldn't it still be cheaper to do a 2-year contract and then pay an early term fee?

Some people just don't like contracts. I'm on your page, I don't know why you wouldn't just agree to a contract. However, people who don't like contracts would say 'I don't know why you would ever agree to a contract!'

As they say, to each his own.

But the merits of a contract aren't the source of confusion. The million dollar question is whether you need a line that's eligible for an upgrade to pre-order, whether you pay contract pricing or FRP.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
But the merits of a contract aren't the source of confusion. The million dollar question is whether you need a line that's eligible for an upgrade to pre-order, whether you pay contract pricing or FRP.

Adding more confusion - for those that are not currently eligible for promotional/discounted pricing - Log in to myVerizon now. It will say "You are eligible for an Upgrade on mm/dd/yyyy"

Right above that?

A button that says "Upgrade Now"

Click that button and it brings you to a page to select your line to Upgrade, and says "Upgrade at Full Price"

From there, it brings you to your phone selection, showing Month to Month (Full Retail) pricing.

So, technically, by VZW terms, we are ALL upgrading.

ericsmcdonald

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
From there, it brings you to your phone selection, showing Month to Month (Full Retail) pricing.

So, technically, by VZW terms, we are ALL upgrading.

For everyone's sake, I hope this is correct. However, all the wording and clarifications and stipulations make me nervous.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
. . . . . . .I've never been so antsy and eager to spend $1,500.00 bucks! (buying 2 at full price - wife and I) :D

Same here! :D got the money burning a hole in my pocket!

I literally have my existing phone burning a hole in my pocket (Palm Pre Plus - The thing gets so hot just USING it!

Funny . . . I feel so good on TiPb, knowing theres others as crazy as me . . lol :D

Crazy / OCD - Call it what you will. I embrace it all!

jeff1974w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No one is going to to know the answer to this question for sure till Feb 3rd @ 3am est. It's sad to say but that seems to be what's going to happen. I'm still standing by what my friend told me in her training yesterday of we will be able to pre order at full retail. It makes no sence in the world for Big Red to turn many many many order's of six and seven hundred dollars away at first to only take orders from a few customers.

i too called yesterday about being able to pre-order at full retail and was told that i could.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my 2 lines ready for upgrade today. Took back the free phones I got from VZW when I started service last week. Added my 2 old flip phones, got my upgrade date reset and I'm good to go. I really didn't want to deal with standing in line on the 10th to start new service. So now I'm good and ready to order. Only downside is I know have to use this crappy flip for a little over a week. Man I remember the days when having a flip phone was something everyone wanted. Couldn't wait for the next best one. Now with this little behind screen and crappy Internet (not sure you can even call it Internet) it's just brutal. A small price to pay to not have to spend my entire morning waiting in line.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods